• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Working offshore

Does anyone have any information regarding working offshore as a medic?
What qualifications?
What pay?
Shifts etc...

Thanks

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Does anyone have any information regarding working offshore as a medic?
What qualifications?
What pay?
Shifts etc...

Thanks

I don'y know a lot as it's not my field but....All of the offshore medics I have know have worked through a major agency (S.O.S. International etc...there are a few around), Qualifications and Pay I have no idea although all our medics claimed poverty but I doubt it's that bad....to be fair they do feck all !
Shifts will depend what platform or ship you get on....could be 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, could be 5/5 or 6/6....all company and platform dependant.

Sorry it's not a lot but hope it helps.....

Crack on......................

P

Poultice Walloper

On demob in '77, I was offered a job as medic on the North sea oil rigs. On investigation, it was nothing but a regulatory position, and most of the day would be spent cleaning, and such boring and derisory tasks. I declined.

The devil is in the detail - check the contract carefully!