• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XP computer and formatting

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
Hi,
are there any "Geeks" out there who might be able to help wit h a problem my old computer has developed since giving it a damn good formatting.

1. Since formatting some of the "Symbol" keys have changed position on the keyboard, I.E the @ and " have changed and also some of the symbols on the "Shift + number keys"

2. Does anyone know if i can "Got Swap" my virgin cable internet from my current pc to the one that i have just formatted so i can go online to carryout updates as it will cost a fortune if i use dial up????

Thxs

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
The symbols being in the wrong place should just be selecting a UK keyboard layout......

Crack on.................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

T

The Masked Geek

Control Panel --> Regional Options

Then set General and Input Locales to English (UK)

You've got an american setting there mate.

Strangely enough, my father's last PC was build by the distributor with Welsh as the default layout.

Back