• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XP internet sounds wont work

• Thread starter Thread starter Justacabbie
  • Start date Start date
J

Justacabbie

Hi, This one has me baffled. Recently when on the internet I have no sounds, either streaming (as in a music station) or any type of video sound ie youztubes.

Windows media player plays locally stored files ok.

If I use streaming music, windows media player looks like its playing the music ie no error messages, just no sound. If I open the file with an mp3 player ie real player, it will play the stream.

Heres what Ive tried so far.
Reinstalled flash
Reinstalled media player
I dont have a system restore point to try that (i had it turned off to get rid of a nasty virus hiding itself in my restore volume)
Shouted at it
Given it a good telling off.

None of which have worked so far. Sound drivers are OK, and any online forum only ever points to things ive already tried.

Over to you guys, thanks in advance for any advice.....

Last edited:
Back