• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XP Log-in

• Thread starter Thread starter mad_mo
  • Start date Start date
M

mad_mo

Is there anyway around the desktop log-in on Windows XP, If the password is not known?.

Ive found my old bashed up laptop, but cannot remember what the old password was I had used on it.

Any advice much apprciated. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

M

mad_mo

I was reading the comments on that link that was provided. I found it, how simple and it worked:

Hit F8 on boot up about 5 times and access the user accounts in windows safe mode. :PDT_Xtremez_42:

T

totallyangrydave

Winternals ERD Commander has a locksmith facility where you can change the password

M

monobrow

Or if you're not to fussed about whats on it. re-format and install a clean copy of XP.

Will do you good to use a fresh copy than an old profile.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Restart your computer in safe mode then play around with the accounts, worked for me on my wife's laptop recently.

cheers

Back