• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know your a Techie when....

• Thread starter Thread starter billy bollox
  • Start date Start date
R

riggertoSTAB

Utterly brilliant!

Makes me hanker after the days when I bathed in MEK to clean the PRC off my hands on a Friday knock off.

E

enginesuck

You know your a techie when you finish shift and your hands are cut to peices and your arms bruised more than a bruised thing....

I dont know of any other trades who have to physically injure themselves to complete their primary task...

You know YOU'RE a TG15 techie when:

1. You have a strong enough grasp of the English language to know when to use "your" and "you're".

2. You still get a techie wage, but don't go home stinking of oil and swarfega.

3. You have a conversational spectrum that is somewhat wider than discussing aircraft and slagging off non-aircraft techies.

duffman

Flight Sergeant
a good one, :PDT_Xtremez_30:
think i've seen something very similar in a couple of crewrooms before.

doc670

LAC
Techies

Techies

And if you have to ask anybody what any of these mean, then you are deffo NOT a techie, yer a 25.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
You know your a rigger when you find PRC in your armpit hairs :PDT_Xtremez_31:

I had rubber gloves on, over my securely fastened sleeves..... how ? :PDT_Xtremez_17:

D

da i ddim

you know when you are a techie when you have four props on your shoulder and you have just found a new cut on your hands when using mek.

G

gemarriott

You know YOU'RE a TG15 techie when:

1. You have a strong enough grasp of the English language to know when to use "your" and "you're".

2. You still get a techie wage, but don't go home stinking of oil and swarfega.

3. You have a conversational spectrum that is somewhat wider than discussing aircraft and slagging off non-aircraft techies.

get a proper job!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I can vouch for a good 90% of that lot what a fine list to put before the "others" :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
...when you know the job will be done well by your mates...and you get that little smile to yourself as your cab gets the thumbs-up after its first post major airtest - that means you can all go down the pub a little earlier (than normal).

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
When you work through your lunch break on a snag so the crew doesn't run out of hours and the sortie makes its theater slot, then you go to the Naffi to pick up a sandwich and get bollocking by a shiney for wearing dirty overalls!

D

dodgysootie

You feel so un-appreciated that you have to PVR and get a better job that pays better!

DS

D

dodgysootie

You know your a techie when you finish shift and your hands are cut to peices and your arms bruised more than a bruised thing....

I dont know of any other trades who have to physically injure themselves to complete their primary task...

CSDU Cooling fans by any chance Mate?

DS

Back