• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You Tube to Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
Can I copy vids from You Tube to my computer?? IE: I want to copy the Commando series and some others to my computer so I can burn them to CD, am using Windows Media Player.
Thanks

mightyhunter

Sergeant
If you use Firefox, look for an extension called 'DownloadHelper'. You can then get the vids, but in .flv format. Use a Media player called GOMplayer for this.
Hope this helps.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
If you use Firefox, look for an extension called 'DownloadHelper'. You can then get the vids, but in .flv format. Use a Media player called GOMplayer for this.
Hope this helps.

Ta for the reply, but you may aswell be talking Chinese to me!!! Yes i'm a computer biff!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Hope this helps.

Not all vids are saveable this way, some of them are .swf flashvideo. 'DownloadHelper' cannot cope with those

The trick is to try them all until you save something that's a few megabites in size.
On my 'magic telly' in the house (Just for gem) I have these 3.
'Flashgot'
'Video DownloadHelper'
and 'UnPlug'
START HERE
I was after a few dinosaur vids for my lad.
One of them I installed just to get the video of the F15 with it's wing torn off.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I bought a nice program called Replay Converter to convert .Flv (which for the majority of You Tube) is the file format they come in. First use a tool such as THIS to download the clip (it will show as getvideo, just change that to eg Commando.flv) then hit save. You must add the extension .flv no matter what you call the file. Then open Replay Converter and convert it to a WMV file. Replay Converter cost me $20 to download (appears it's $30 now, £15). Quite simple really :PDT_Xtremez_27:

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I bought a nice program called ....... .....Replay Converter cost me $20 to download (appears it's $30 now, £15). Quite simple really :PDT_Xtremez_27:

I thought you were a Scot :PDT_Xtremez_15:
I leave them as .flv and use FLVPlayer to play them !! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

It cost me bugger all :PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Last edited:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I thought you were a Scot :PDT_Xtremez_15:
I leave them as .flv and use FLVPlayer to play them !! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Yes SB, but they are much more user friendly and universally viewable when they have a .wmv extension.. Haven't you got a goat to slaughter or something :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
There is a slightly easier way , if you download the latest version of the free Real Player, when you play a video in the top right hand corner as you move the mouse over the video a pop comes up with 'download this video', works a treat.

laboratoryqueen

Dr Midget Midgetson
I bought a nice program called Replay Converter to convert .Flv (which for the majority of You Tube) is the file format they come in. First use a tool such as THIS to download the clip (it will show as getvideo, just change that to eg Commando.flv) then hit save. You must add the extension .flv no matter what you call the file. Then open Replay Converter and convert it to a WMV file. Replay Converter cost me $20 to download (appears it's $30 now, £15). Quite simple really :PDT_Xtremez_27:

:PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_31: :PDT_Xtremez_16:

Not with me it wasn't :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back