• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Youth or experience?

duffman

Flight Sergeant
Seen as the airforce has allowed Cpls (in certain trades) to sign on past 22 for 3 more years, what's the thinking out there a good idea keeping experience in or is it holding back the youngsters, with the envitable knock-on with promotion? Which may well have started, SAC atm to cpl 41 out of 1900. Me I think they could lose as many as they keep in, if enough sac's leave if their career isn't going any where.

Doneit

LAC
I haven't heard anything about Cpls getting signed on past 22 years, but I can be ignorant to some of these goings-on!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

IMO, this could be because the RAF lost a whole heap of very experienced SNCOs during the redundancy phases and through some of them not quite liking this modern RAF and as a result, PVRing. In certain cases, this has left a gap in both trade knowledge and experience.... by signing Cpls on for 3 more years they get to keep some valuable experience and knowledge and therefore this can be passed on to future NCOs of the RAF, i.e. AMMs....

...Maybe:PDT_Xtremez_35:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well recently the RAF will sign on SAC right up the chain for additional 3 years. I think you have to wait to be offered though , i know it is for cpls near time expiry (22 years) but im certain it covers all ranks ? somebody help me out

I have yet to meet one person who has done so or will, I just had one of our best SACs put his PVR in this week. No promotion and no future , I cant blame him but Its another waste of a good techie ready for the jump yet not getting picked up, but this seems to be a happening thing in the ATM trade, cant say anything for other trades though.

Back