• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

101 mis-uses for a GS

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The much abused GS Screwdriver for what tasks is it just the thing. Opening tins, towing arm pin, Chisel. Any other uses other than as a screwdriver for the all purpose tool?

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
1. levering things out the way
2. opening wooden stc when all the screws have rusted in place
3. to snap locking wire in those hard to reach places
4. levering things in to place
5. a weapon to launch at people

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Any other uses other than as a screwdriver for the all purpose tool?

Fcuk me, you can use this yellow handled wonder as a screwdriver?

A punch, drift, chisel, pointy at people who p1ss you off thingy, weapon, can opener, lock wire breaker, line scriber, crowbar, bash stubborn screws undone jobby, pipe widener, paint scraper, tyre letting down device yes, but a screwdriver? Thats just plain mad.

Sergeant
to get the best out of a gs screwdriver it must be hit with a lump hamer remember to keep fingers out of the way

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Paint remover, paint stirrer, tea stirrer, coffee stirrer, sh1t stirrer, hangar floor crack chicken sh1t remover, u/t Light Sabre, Police Dog protection device, Liney protection device, wheel removing lever, Vulcan windscreen remover and occasionally – a screw driver!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Liney bouncy toy....always on the way out to the pan (and on the pan) how many time can you bounce it and catch it ? Go on youngsters try it.....however the new type ain't as bouncy as the old type :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Crack on...................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
LOL a GS and a hammer , us trusty riggers favourite tools

The GS is like the swiss army knife and I think people should be issued with em , Tashy says bouncing em hehehe yeah the new ones not as good at that now , and somebody mentioned PRC remover , too bloody right

Brilliant device and the air force would be screwed without them ?

So all hail the GS and lets pay homage to a great tool _o_

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Every good toolkit should have a GS that has been fractured at the end so it looks like some kind of medieval torture device.

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
listen in yous lot, i fond the best use for minres scrw driver is for scatching mine woble origes car becos he kep picking ion me

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Liney bouncy toy....always on the way out to the pan (and on the pan) how many time can you bounce it and catch it ? Go on youngsters try it.....however the new type ain't as bouncy as the old type :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Crack on...................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Absolutely amazes trades on building sites "Never seen that before". (avoiding H&S man, of course)

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
The GS was over rated. Now a real multi purpose tool was the pump action ratchet screwdriver..... excellent for making lightening holes in Aircraft skins ! :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Personally my favourite multi purpose tool was the six inch scriber, scraper, spreader, deburrer, screwdriver, lever, shim, drift, rivet tail checking piece of steel with numbers on so you could measure things too ! :PDT_Xtremez_30:
What a clever little toy that was.

Back