• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Nations 2017

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So egg chasers who wins? Is anyone strong enough to complete the grand slam or are the top teams to closely matched for someone to win all their games? Can any home nation achieve the triple crown? Who are your table toppers and who is for the wooden spoon?

Grand slam - No
Triple crown - No
Table toppers - England (I'm English)
Wooden Spoon - Italy

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Grand Slam - England
Triple Crown -England (If they don't win the Grand Slam for whatever reason)
Table Toppers -England
Wooden Spoon -Wales (bad losers even worse winners)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The atmospherics feel wrong for England somehow...GS last year, whitewash of Oz and we are looking a bit cocky..ripe for the taking by an opportunistic French side IMO...

The Jocks just don't have the talent...it's like watching a Championship side...The awelsh are doing a bit of rearranging, the Italians will fight like feck for 50 mins then run out of steam and you just never know if the French will get off Le Bus and could be brilliant or totally sh1t.

England to win but will bottle the GS. Scotland looking good but will struggle (I'm Scottish) . France??? No one really knows and that's when they are dangerous.

Only certainty, I WILL get **** faced!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Six Nations - France

Grand Slam - England

Home Nations - Ireland

Triple Crown - Wales

Calcutta Cup - Scotland

Wooden Spoon - Italy

Best of the Rest - Argentina

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
1st weekend wash up

1st weekend wash up

So Ireland lost, was it because of dogged, determined, stick to the game plan rugby by Scotland or are Ireland not at the races yet? England overcame France, English grit overcoming French brawn or simply lucky to win a scrappy one thanks to better place kicking. Wales smash Italy no shock there but are there any hopeful signs for Italy who play Ireland next?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Wales didn't smash Italy... just remember who was leading at half time.

Wales didn't look inspiring and they were playing the team that will come last in the tournament... Let's see how they are when they come up against the big boys...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I didn't see the England game as I was travelling back from watching the U20's England team play France at Sandy Park. England have some real quality coming through the system incl our own potential Dan Carter in the form of Saracens Max Malins....just outstanding (I'd have said johnny wilkinson but his kicking isn't quite there yet but tactically he's a young genius).

I saw a bit of Scotland in the bar and the game looked like it was open...surprised Scotland turned them over to be honest...Ireland must just be sh1te.

Watched the Welsh game today...Italy seem to have gone backwards after a stale start by Wales...I don't think George North is going to last the tournament...he'll either total his hamstring or a nasty forward when given the opportunity to knock him out again.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I thought it was a bit of a pensive start from the "regular" top 4. Italy dug in with usual enthusiasm and Scotland played (comparatively) out of their skins. Hard to say who will come out on top at this stage and whether the bonus points will be the deciders.

As long as the beer's good the rugby will be good...!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently Nicola Sturgeon has looked at the result and would like to replay the match as it's not the result that a large percentage of Scots had hoped for. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I was actually expecting Scotland to be above Wales at this stage of the tournament...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Georgia wants in...who shall we boot out to keep it a 6n's?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Great thinking! Let it start here today!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not 6 nations why not try 8.

Group A

England
France
Wales
Ireland

Group B

Scotland
Italy
Georgia
Romania

You play all the teams in your group home and away so 1 more match per team than the present 6 nations set up. When all the games are done bottom of Group A drops to Group B and top of Group B moves up to Group A for the next tournament.