• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

90 SU willing to go or not?

wally375

Corporal
This is a subject raised often in the workplace, if offered promotion but the offer is to 90 SU would you take it or not.

If the answer is no can you please state why?

No. Done it three times. Time to let the Mrs have a little quality time in an area that has job prospects!

IeuanMawr

LAC
I would say no.I joined the RAF for the sole reason of joining TCW years ago, since then I have smashed my knee cartilage, maned up so much i gave my opposite ankle a stress fracture, maned up with that for four years so the broken bone ripped through my FHL (big toe balance ligament). Had an ankle operation that has f-cked me up so much I can't run very fast any more and am awaiting an operation on my knee, I cannot stand up for long without pain or get up and down steps.No more premiership rugby for me. So what use would I be on the wing without being able to bare weight? I've had my fill of bone idle rankers and don't want to be considered alongside them. I would **** people off being so ineffective. I will join the wing if I fully heal again, otherwise i will carry on with my pursuit for supportive civilian employment because i am no longer fully effective in the field and cannot fulfill the requirements of the job I loved to join.I would rather continue to try and shine as a competent SAC in a sleepier hollow where I can be more effective until healed than give somebody 150% the work at 90SU.

Last edited:

taffy11

LAC
I have heard nothing but bad things from people at 90 about the bs that goes with the job, alot also love it when away but when in uk horrible place to be a bored to tears. also the location isnt ideal for alot of people imo brize was far better suited and I wouldnt of minded if closer to the southern part of the country but up north where morale is low and u get treated like the army if I wanted that I would of joined the army, personally think its a young mans game with vey little ties other than parents.

so In a nutshell poor location, too much politics for me anyways