• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Tech Av Cpl -Sgt board 2016

mikesw7

LAC
Anyone know if **** postings are being turned down from the guys who have been offered their 3rd? People who have PVR'd but changed their mind with the dangle of the promotion carrot? We have absolutely no gossip or crew room stories to keep us entertain here. Not even the usual they are only now promoting 10 people this year or the other scale of all A''s and B''s are getting it 😉.

As far as I'm aware nobody has been released from the board yet. I don't know why it's being sat on but could be something to do with the ongoing decisions into future aircraft and manpower distribution.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Turbine

LAC
Seems to be very slow releasing promotions from any of the Techie boards this year-obviously delays at higher end knock onto the ones below...

mikesw7

LAC
A couple of weeks ago I asked for a update via Cosfords careers Sgt. They were still at 20 but apparently there were some (approx 4) that they had to wait on before moving on. Very slow :(

Prediction for the first 6 months was only 20 so will hopefully pick up in the new year.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Because people are leaving in their droves and they cant afford to promote people as there will be no one to do the work.

2 x Chevron Deux heavies here were seemingly informed that their third was inbound before Xmas now that has been put back for an unspecified time period. The crew room rumour mill is turning fast at the moment.

mikesw7

LAC
Not really buying into this. When we had redundancies ( not PVRs admittedly) promotions went through the roof. Surely the cogs will still turn when a Sgt PVR's a Cpl somewhere gets promoted to his slot and a SAC(T) to cpl etc. If it's not Sgts leaving then the promotion guesstimate should be about right rather than way under. There must be another reason for the delay, unless anyone has seen this reason been written down somewhere (not on here ;) )

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
when we had redundancies it was a drawdown of all manpower and each rank had to shrink, hence the promotion increase as it didnt matter that the bottom of the pyramid was reduced. With TG1 already hurting at 90% manned, they cant afford to gap anymore posts at the bottom of the pyramid so they have turned off promotion. There are gaps at SNCO level and above that are not being filled due to the need to keep 'producers'. They are actively signing on Chiefs, F.S. and W.O.'s past their Service to fill gaps. As has been said, the biggest problem with TG1 is retention.

sulky

SAC
They are looking at trying to keep people, so stopping promotions is more likely to make people jump, I am in my last 2 years and was hoping that they would get to me (im a couple outside) as they went massively over last year..so looks like im fecked...maybe they will offer me a couple more years past my 22...but im not holding my breath

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
They are looking at trying to keep people, so stopping promotions is more likely to make people jump, I am in my last 2 years and was hoping that they would get to me (im a couple outside) as they went massively over last year..so looks like im fecked...maybe they will offer me a couple more years past my 22...but im not holding my breath

Actually nowadays, with retention so bad it may work. March into PDF stand in front of the Chief Clerk stamp your feet and threaten to hold your breath til you turn blue unless they promote you. Plus it'll be in keeping with your user name:pDT_Xtremez_30:

mikesw7

LAC
Has there been any movement on the board since Christmas? Hopefully it will pick up once the SAC - CPL board has been finalised. Happy new year everyone

Fresh from a manning brief today. They have reached number 29. More to be released within the next month or two.
Mentioned they probably won't reach the predicted number.