• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Acting Higher Rank

Not that I'm aware of but depending on type of AHR it can count towards seniority in the higher rank when made substantive.

After 2 years I would expect the sjars to be more than good enough to promote anyway so I would be looking at why they aren't

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
AHR should only be used as a last resort to fill a short-term gap that is critical to operational effectiveness. 2 years is a piss take. There would have been 2 promotion boards in that timescale.

Unfortunately with some trades there isn't enough people to promote to fill the gaps. Manning do what they can to fill the posts that are most in need but that will still leave local management to use AHR where they need it.

I agree though that 2 years is a joke but sadly I can believe it could happen. I've seen the damage caused if someone has bad 1 & 2 ROs for several years and doesn't know any better themselves

Back