• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFCO Posts

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Does anyone know where i can find out when a post is coming up at my local AFCO? And if it does, how i apply for it?

I've tried looking in the usual places (cheif clerks bulletin etc), and cann't seem to see anything about.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Personally, I'd give up now!
It's surely not worth the rise in blood pressure is it?
Cynical, I know........

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Plus it is down to rank. A lot more JNCO slots out there than SNCO. Certain the Norwich one is up soon, Cpl slot.

freebass

LAC
Does anyone know where i can find out when a post is coming up at my local AFCO? And if it does, how i apply for it?

I've tried looking in the usual places (cheif clerks bulletin etc), and cann't seem to see anything about.

Go to Cranwells intranet site and have a nosey about, you find all the information you require!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I've been trying for a slot at AFCO Gloucester for years, seems to be full of scriblies - funny that. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
A break down of the AFCO staff by trade if you will......... :PDT_Xtremez_28:

I don't know the whole of the Gloucester office personally, apart from their one and only TG17 Cpl who replaced me OOA earlier this month.

AFCOs are one area where the PMA mafia have very little influence. DofR&S interview and screen applicants. All the desks can do is prevent people's applications proceeding on the grounds that they have too many tradesmen out-of-trade: AFCOs, RTS, CCF liaison, etc.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
That normally applies to the Cpl Slots. Haven't seen many where the Snec posts have that annotation.

You're just trying to wind me up now, lol. A typical AFCO has 2 or 3 cpl recruiters, one clerk (who does the office admin, not the recruiting) and a sgt of any trade. There is a regular e-goater (no prizes for guessing who) who could give you a good idea how many of the sgt posts are currently filled by scribblies - not many, I'll bet.

Regardless, I said MOST of the posts are barred to Pers Admin. That's true.

freebass

LAC
You're just trying to wind me up now, lol. A typical AFCO has 2 or 3 cpl recruiters, one clerk (who does the office admin, not the recruiting) and a sgt of any trade. There is a regular e-goater (no prizes for guessing who) who could give you a good idea how many of the sgt posts are currently filled by scribblies - not many, I'll bet.

Regardless, I said MOST of the posts are barred to Pers Admin. That's true.

A typical AFCO office has several NCO (snco and jnco) recruiters and a CPC (the Pers Admin) the CPC is not for the office admin, but sorting all the case work for the candidates going through the office. All recruiters are trained the same and therefore can fill each others roles. I believe that the CPC role is about to go or has gone. The SNECS are also office managers as well as recruiters. All the information regarding who fills what slot is available via Cranwells intranet site.

The CPC slots technically no longer exist ......however, they are still established and will not be disappearing for sometime I believe they are only Cpl slots. TG17 also currently has a ban on from personnel even applying for any slot which can be filled by "Any Trade" this is due to the manning situation.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
I've been trying for a slot at AFCO Gloucester for years, seems to be full of scriblies - funny that. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Whilst I don't know the current break-down of the Gloucester office by trade, I can give you a list as long as the proverbial arm of ex Inns personnel who have been employed in this AFCO......and then gone back to Inns again!! (and they are all scriblies!!)

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I looked into this a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure we're the same rank and trade, and was told that for a number of reasons we were excluded. They included that due to the fact that the DWR turnround for for CPL ETW's was under 3 years and numerous cpls were already employed in those posts they wouldn't let anybody else out of trade. However this may have changed by now.

Meathead

LAC

95471 7170 will get you the drafter who will be able to tell you where and when posts are coming up.

Back