• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFCO Posts

the_crab

SAC
You're just trying to wind me up now, lol. A typical AFCO has 2 or 3 cpl recruiters, one clerk (who does the office admin, not the recruiting) and a sgt of any trade. There is a regular e-goater (no prizes for guessing who) who could give you a good idea how many of the sgt posts are currently filled by scribblies - not many, I'll bet.

Regardless, I said MOST of the posts are barred to Pers Admin. That's true.

used to be AFCO Glasgow 7 Cpl Recruiters, 2 Sgt Recruiters and 1 Pers Admin Cpl (who interviewed as well). Inverness WAS 2 Sgt and 1 Cpl Pers admin (who interviewed). since ROMIS was replaced byTAFMIS as the record system all slots were rumoured to be open to shiney's.......(Recruiter 1998-2002)

Best kept secret in the RAF that job

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
used to be AFCO Glasgow 7 Cpl Recruiters, 2 Sgt Recruiters and 1 Pers Admin Cpl (who interviewed as well). Inverness WAS 2 Sgt and 1 Cpl Pers admin (who interviewed). since ROMIS was replaced byTAFMIS as the record system all slots were rumoured to be open to shiney's.......(Recruiter 1998-2002)

Best kept secret in the RAF that job

OK, since 2 people have pulled me up on it, I used Nottingham as my 'typical' office, which had 2 cpl recruiters when I popped in last (a couple of years ago). It seems that it is not that typical.

When I joined up the office had a FS (Pers Admin), 3 or 4 cpl recruiters (I forget exactly, at least 2 of whom were Pers Admin) and an SACW receptionist (Typist). How things have changed!

Back