• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Almost_Done is Done

• Thread starter Thread starter Almost_done
  • Start date Start date
A

Almost_done

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today marks the end of my time in the RAF; it has been a rollercoaster of a 'career'. I go on now to the great and good work within the Civil Aviation world.

Online and in life I know we may not all have agreed with one another but I wish all of you well and I hope that if you end up in a sandy dry place you al return with the correct number of body parts you went out with.

It is true that after a certain period of time in the RAF you can leave, but surprisingly you keep a large part of it with you.

I have had a good time serving with you all, but I became jaded with the forced changes and the visible lack of spine in the upper management, I tried to fight the good fight in my own way but I was always put back down with other threats (As Wobbly knows all too well).

Still I will follow with interest the fate of the best Air Force in the world, best maybe not with kit but with spirit definitely. To all on SH good luck god speed you home to all on seized wing the same.

Almost_Done listening out

P

pie sandwich

Welcome to the club my civvy mucka!!!

Ive now been a civvy scumbag for 1 mth and 3 days

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Welcome to civviedom AD......life ain't that bad out here (he says while typing this on a boat in another Norwegian port) and lots of things make life so much better !

Take it easy.

Crack on..................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
All the best in the outside aircraft world, hopefully joining you soon.

Best regards

GET TAE!

G

gemarriott

Good luck for the future, perhaps a change of sceen-name to "just setting out" is in order:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Finally made it then AD; seems like a long time ago that we were searching through the rules & regs to see if you could go sooner!! Good Luck in your new career and don't forget to look into the Goat every now & then to see how the rest of us are coping!!

P

POB

Good luck in Civi Street, but you don't need to leave The Goat! I would never have survived without it!

P

pie sandwich

Just remember mate, the grass is not greener on the other side, it's just a different colour

C

Captain Gatso

Good luck to you mate, I finished myself last week. It's a weird feeling, leaving the mob but I agree with alot of folks here, you won't look back. Just started with a civvy airline myself. It's given me the kick up the backside I needed to get on with my licences. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back