• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AMM postings help required

• Thread starter Thread starter gb4ever
  • Start date Start date

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well up here at ISK we had the usual fluxx off AAMs when they came on the scene, now all but a few have got there postings back to Cosford for FT , not bad for 18 months, we are being told we are not going to get replacements for them , damm shame as most of them that have come through have got great potential for being good Mechanical engineers. Hard to say but it will be a loss as the manpower was handy , AAMs doing the jobs of Mechs was a good asset

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Also everyone in Iraq/Afgan is living in tents and that includes the fast jet
types

Strange, last time I was in Kandahar everybody was in nice blocks, including the fast jet types, helicopter types, and herc types.

sooty77

LAC
Strange, last time I was in Kandahar everybody was in nice blocks, including the fast jet types, helicopter types, and herc types.

It must have changed since I was there last year then I will stand corrected, my point was just because some people are on fast jets they somtimes slum it with us rotory types

LNMI20

LAC
AMM Management

AMM Management

Just a little advice, it seems that not all Trade Mangers (TM) or Sqn management quite know how to look after AMMs in respect to providing trade experience or recommending bright AMMs for early return to Cosford. You need to ask yourself if you want your career to progress as per the AFCO dream, or you fancy a bit of time on dets having fun or both. Suggest you spend a bit of time on the RAF intranet and get the telephone numbers for Sqn trade managers (or ask your instructors at Cosford) and give them a call (its free on service 'phones) to see how they intend looking after you before you fill in your dream sheet. Just don't tell them your name .... Pike. Any decent TM will be more than happy to discuss this with you providing you don't interupt his game of bridge!!!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
now all but a few have got there postings back to Cosford for FT ,we are being told we are not going to get replacements for them ,

Odd that the story here at sunny Cosford is that for every used AMM you send to us we will issue a nice shiney new AMM back to you. This is apparently to avoid the old problem of you having to carry a missing bod on your LUE that is actually away on FT. There's a thread on here somewhere with more detail but I can't find it at the Mo.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Odd that the story here at sunny Cosford is that for every used AMM you send to us we will issue a nice shiney new AMM back to you. This is apparently to avoid the old problem of you having to carry a missing bod on your LUE that is actually away on FT. There's a thread on here somewhere with more detail but I can't find it at the Mo.

Yeah well we definately aint getting them back so the word on the street is !!! We having to start using our SACs and retrain them to CSM again. We have civvies on the line at ISK now and extra manpower from the so called Heavy Recs Team or RAMS as you might know them by. again though rumours and word of mouth so nothing is definate here as none of the management have a clue whats supposed to be happening regarding AAMs. We are waiting for the station hairdresser to make a speech , she knows everything !!! :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Roobsta

Corporal

My TM has already been told that he won't get any replacements for the "used" AMMs we're sending back. Expected turn round time is the length of their course.

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
Do not contemplate Lyneham as it sucks to be honest. Its not the place for young lads and lasses to be posted to out of training. I say this because after 22 years in the service and I haven't been to a station like it for giving a totally wrong impression (a bad one at that) of the RAF. If you want to do 6 - 8 months a year away on either of our Squadron Dets then feel free. I'm sure the helecopter lads will tell you likewise.

rite yous wobb bloke listen in put lineham on mines dream sheet becos some one telt me they have a good bop their and i fancy working on thems herclueless planes

M

monobrow

Well his J to K mod worked wonders. I'm sure they'd love to meet you again Dale/Kevin

Back