• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AMM subjects at Cosford

• Thread starter Thread starter Skelf
  • Start date Start date

uber pikey

Sergeant
I dont realy want to snub fellow Goaters but my advice is to ignore all the feckers so far, why I here you ask????
Just be yourself, try your hardest and always show enthusiasm this will sted you all the way through the course. Instructors are not there to trip you up and will help you all the way through.
Oh and dont be cheeky:PDT_Xtremez_30:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yes, I had thought of that mono, but plumbers had a mech entry system prior to the latest scheme and the mech plumbers I worked around got minimal supervision (ejection seats) and were very thorough and proficient on the asshole. They could have easily blown a ferkin' hole in the hangar roof, which has happened I know. Anyway I would rather have a savvy mech than a wet and useless tech fitting ordnance to a jet in my vicinity.

I see you are still talking boll*cks about the Weapons Trade TD. Like it or lump it, the system we have is the system we have. Remember, when we had Weapons Mechs we had a LOT more manpower and thus the mechs could be very closely supervised and as such didn't need quite as much "in depth" trade training the first time round. They could afford for the JTs to do the technical stuff and the SAC Mechs to do line arm etc. We no longer have such manpower luxuries - I did my first live seat pull as an LAC.

Mechs were still trained in an Armourers primary function: weapon safety, and that is what matters when handling and being around live ordnance. You undertake further training and on the job experience for a further 18 months after training before getting the ring of power and being recognised as a competent tradesman.

If you knew anything about our trade you would know that no "wet behind the ears" tradesman goes anywere near pointy stuff without 100% supervision. Ejection seats are 100% supervised even if you have 19 years experience as an SAC/JT. Weapon load training and re-certs are carried out every 6 months and there are rumours of annual ejection seat training too.

The Royal Navy disposed of armament tradesman some years ago and ask any long in the tooth WAFU and they will all tell you it was a bad idea (hence the drogue going through a certain hangar roof not so long ago...).

TBH, no-one much cares for the opinion of some washed up civvy on the nuances of Armourers getting a DE Scheme (your words not mine) and the rest of the trades getting the AMM instead. Change the fcuking record.

Go and talk about NCA at Cranwell or something you actually know about, instead of spouting rubbish about a trade you don't even understand.

Last edited:

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Guys, Guys, Guys,
Lets all settle now before this ends up being removed and you get sent to the headmaster's office! I know we are in a diplomacy, and have a right to our opinion, but bickering heps no-one. Getting back on the rails, attempt to answer the young persons question with reason. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

uber pikey

Sergeant
Guys, Guys, Guys,
Lets all settle now before this ends up being removed and you get sent to the headmaster's office! I know we are in a diplomacy, and have a right to our opinion, but bickering heps no-one. Getting back on the rails, attempt to answer the young persons question with reason. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Couldn't agree more, this young chap is trying to better himself and again a thread is smeared with crap. What sort of dissilusioned idiots are you.
Re-think your posts and put a possitive spin on it for the guy.

T

The Dog's

Go and talk about NCA at Cranwell or something you actually know about, instead of spouting rubbish about a trade you don't even understand.

Now if you'd actually read my posts you'd have seen that I was asking more questions than stating knowledge or trying to give answers. Anyway I don't give a rat's a$$ about the opinion of somebody that's been in the RAF for 5 minutes, and after reading your recent post about the RAFFT it tells me a lot about your attitude such that when your PVR date arrives, I'm sure the RAF will be a little better off for your absence.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
OK if you want to tear lumps out of each other go to PM...Or you could just agree that you disagree or something similarly adult like...Otherwise this thread will suffer.

Back