• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Promotion

Chad Norman

Corporal
31, good grief,

Did he join when he was 8?

Would he be the first chief who didn't frequent Swinderby?

G, looks like you've got a bit of competition for that CASWO job :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Clown

Last edited:
Promotion must have picked up over the last few years, I know somebody aged 31 who has just got his Chief.

I remember a couple of SAC(T) who got their tapes 4 years after joining up. Say another 4-5 years as a Cpl then attain Sgt at their 8-9 year point. That leaves potentially 5 years in rank to get picked up for chief. If the guy you stated joined up aged 17 then I guess it can happen.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
I remember a couple of SAC(T) who got their tapes 4 years after joining up. Say another 4-5 years as a Cpl then attain Sgt at their 8-9 year point. That leaves potentially 5 years in rank to get picked up for chief. If the guy you stated joined up aged 17 then I guess it can happen.

He joined as a mech/mech as well, so very good going. But he must have seriously sucked some cock! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
He joined as a mech/mech as well, so very good going. But he must have seriously sucked some cock! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

He must have slipped through onto his FT course very quickly in a similar timescale as the mech techs did otherwise he has been picked up early in one of the ranks.

In fact thinking about it, he can't have been a mech mech and be age 31. The mech mech stuff would have finished after he joined wouldn't it?

Last edited:
31, good grief,

Did he join when he was 8?

Would he be the first chief who didn't frequent Swinderby?

G, looks like you've got a bit of competition for that CASWO job :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Clown

Yeh, cheers for that Chad. Must admit, I haven't looked at my JPA for a while so you never know........

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
He must have slipped through onto his FT course very quickly in a similar timescale as the mech techs did otherwise he has been picked up early in one of the ranks.

In fact thinking about it, he can't have been a mech mech and be age 31. The mech mech stuff would have finished after he joined wouldn't it?

Nope! He joined the same time as someone else I know and it was still going, in fact that person is still a Cpl, I think.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

If you could get promoted on time its possible.

AC at 16
LAC at 17
SAC at 17
JT at 20
Cpl at 23
Sgt at 27
CT at 31

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
If you could get promoted on time its possible.

AC at 16
LAC at 17
SAC at 17
JT at 20
Cpl at 23
Sgt at 27
CT at 31

Don't forget time in training, a JT fitters course was 11 months.
He must have snuck in a year early here and there or done only 18 months as an SAC otherwise for me the figures are slightly off.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
As of this year he only had to do 3 years as a Sgt before eligible for CT.so ther's your year. And he might be 31 and 11 months. even the AC to CT in 16 years??? Methinks he may be a little vain about his age..lol

Back