• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atm SAC(T)/JT - Cpl

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
According to the manning site, the board finished on the 12th Nov, has anybody heard anything off it?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've just heard that one guy off a certain soon to be defunct transport squadron has been picked up. By all accounts people like normal, are very confused why this individual has managed to slip through the net!

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well with nothing moving upwards due to the SDSR then its unlikely any of these will take place now till the redundency programme has been completed. A few may make the grade but right little on the way of promotion is what we have been told. I have lost out royally too so I share the pain for the few guys who been waiting years.

Well with nothing moving upwards due to the SDSR then its unlikely any of these will take place now till the redundency programme has been completed. A few may make the grade but right little on the way of promotion is what we have been told. I have lost out royally too so I share the pain for the few guys who been waiting years.

WTF. You have lost out because your command of grammar and spelling is wank. Go to evening classes and then try a posting to another part of the British Isles. Then you may not lose out royally, and somehow become competitve. SDSR should not effect anyone selected for promotion, SDSR will not interfere with promotion boards, (unless your initials are LW).

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
WTF. You have lost out because your command of grammar and spelling is wank. Go to evening classes and then try a posting to another part of the British Isles. Then you may not lose out royally, and somehow become competitve. SDSR should not effect anyone selected for promotion, SDSR will not interfere with promotion boards, (unless your initials are LW).

Well I have been told a complete freeze has been put on promotions right now. Until things are sorted out there is little movement happening. Yeah my spelling is wank, dont let it worry you sailor

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Note to self - I must remember to comment on an individuals command of the English language when righting my next SJAR

G

Grease_monkey

I know a few people have rang the project apollo snec at our unit and were told if they were an a,b or c after the pre-boarding, and that there were 160 A grades. Don't know of anyone who's been released from the raffle yet.

F

fishfondler

Latest rumours are they want around 40 not releasing them until late next year but we have 110 too many cpl's at present in our trade!

G

Grease_monkey

A few of the SAC's/JT's have been told their position on the board in our place now,with a couple being in the pre-board quota 65. However don't get your hopes up as they've also been told by manning that no-one is being promoted for the first 6 months!

L

Little Tronk

Did some digging for my lads and what he said^^^^^^ is gen, even No1 is reserve till at least April.

R

Rigger4ever

Im in the top 30 any good gen about if and when ill get picked up ?

G

Grease_monkey

Anyone got any updates on this board yet? Latest whisper i've heard is the pre-board 65 had been cut to nearer 30-40?

unruly1986

Sergeant

If that is meant as a generalisation across the RAF then you are wrong. TG4 SAC - Cpl board rumoured to have been cut from 97 to 30. Hopefully just until redundancies are sorted out.

R

Rigger4ever

Have been hearing lots of different rumours as per usual and what im after is that rarest of things.

Are there going to be any promotions or not, its really getting on my wick the lack of a straight answer from anyone:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Trusty Adjusty

Corporal
A couple of lads at our place ring manning regularly and the latest they were told was to ring back in May, as usual the RAF's information dissemination is totally wank and has left everybody in no-mans land. Add to this x number more waiting to hear whether they've been signed on from a board that was supposed to have finished on 28 Feb - many of whom have as little as 6 months service remaining and are left in limbo whilst the RAF fcuk around with their lives, with little or no appreciation of the stress and discontent it is causing at the coal face.

I for one am counting my blessings that I personally am not involved in the farce, I can only hope that the good lads out there waiting on promotion/signing on get what they're hoping for, or at the very least get told some decent gen from the people in the know because that is the very least they deserve.

R

Rigger4ever

I completely agree with you, I don't think I or anybody else in the signing on or promotion farce is asking for much, we just want to no where we stand with regards to having a future in the RAF or not.
I can't imagine as to why this information has not been forthcoming, and can only wonder if they don't consider people at our meagre level worth notifying or is it some sort of power trip for certain individuals to be privy to this information while the worker drones whom it concerns don't know whats going on.
Of course but I could totally have the wrong end of the stick which is prone to happening when people are left in the dark.

When people lack good information, they will invent some information themselves.

:PDT_Xtremez_25:

I phoned up manning on behalf of a couple of my guys and typically got the standard answer, "you shouldn't be phoning here for them, tell them to see the Chief Clerk"
B
However after some light hearted banter I got the exact same answer that I got from the Rudundancy Roadshow people, that there is NO freeze on promotion BUT there will be a rather large handbrake applied to certain Ranks and trades.

We are still none the wiser but handbrake seems to feature alot.
Standby to wait.

Back