• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Av SAC-CPL promotion board

sulky

SAC
number of A candidates 159
number picked up 130
1st 60 to be sorted in the next couple of weeks.

im in the low 70's

Craig855s

Sergeant
F/S told me yesterday Im number 40 (and mentioned the number picked up for this year to be "around 120")

If what sulky says is true then I could have some very good news soon (as i wont believe its "my year" until Ive got it on paper) however my F/S said it's yet to be ratified

sulky

SAC
Who gave you these numbers?

my management spoke to manning, did you know you can check how many they wanted from this board on the manning site, says 120, although a word of caution i was 60 odd about 8 years ago and got told 80 were getting promoted and i was all happy...they promoted 40, so untill you get the jpa notification please keep your feet on the ground

Last edited:
T

Tubby

Craig855s, might be worth getting that checked. One of my colleagues was told he was 40 by his admin bod. His initials are S.M so I am guessing that is not you. Never know, might be further up.

Craig855s

Sergeant
Craig855s, might be worth getting that checked. One of my colleagues was told he was 40 by his admin bod. His initials are S.M so I am guessing that is not you. Never know, might be further up.

TBH it sounded a bit "neat" when he told me, im probably somewhere in the 40s and he just rounded down. Be it 40 or 49 I'd still think thats pretty safe out of 120. And I know where Im gonna end up....Ringfenced on my current Sqn, I'd like to leave for my preferences of Waddo or Cosford (instructing) but I can see them forcing me to stay til sqn disbands

sulky

SAC
ok manning has the update for this board on the website (from memory)

240ish a
90 b
500 odd c

pre board prediction 120

1st 6 months (the one we are interested in) 127!!!

ok manning has the update for this board on the website (from memory)

240ish a
90 b
500 odd c

pre board prediction 120

1st 6 months (the one we are interested in) 127!!!

I'm in the mid 140's... Hopefully they'll promote another 20 in the second half of the year.

Craig855s

Sergeant
Signed all my paperwork on Monday, start wearing the tapes this coming monday (4th March) and thats from number 40 ish, no posting involved

Anyone have any ideas whereabouts we are in terms of numbers? Heard Mid 20's picked up 2 weeks ago. And Craig is 40 ish, good signs.

Oh, and Congrats Craig, of course!

Last edited:
TBH it sounded a bit "neat" when he told me, im probably somewhere in the 40s and he just rounded down. Be it 40 or 49 I'd still think thats pretty safe out of 120. And I know where Im gonna end up....Ringfenced on my current Sqn, I'd like to leave for my preferences of Waddo or Cosford (instructing) but I can see them forcing me to stay til sqn disbands

If you genuinely want to move to Cosford bung the paperwork in, they are totally crying out for guys here at the minute. A situation that will only get worse as the people who are time- ex start leaving later this year.

Spoke to manning last week who said they have now released up to 127!

Thanks mate. I'm in low 70's but been on leave for 2 weeks so just wondering...

If you genuinely want to move to Cosford bung the paperwork in, they are totally crying out for guys here at the minute. A situation that will only get worse as the people who are time- ex start leaving later this year.

Is it really as bad as being made out? Have quite a few lads I used to work with getting posted there from Brize recently. I'd defo consider instructing when we move to Lyneham for training, not likely to happen for a long time yet...

sulky

SAC
im 72 and nothing for me as off yet, but as i was posted to gib in aug11, posted to aldergrove in aug 12 (due to sdsr), apparently they are hesitant to post me as it would be 4 camps in 2 years if i went before august, but there is no slots here for me!

im 72 and nothing for me as off yet, but as i was posted to gib in aug11, posted to aldergrove in aug 12 (due to sdsr), apparently they are hesitant to post me as it would be 4 camps in 2 years if i went before august, but there is no slots here for me!

Liking Aldergrove? I moved to Waddo last June, into a Cpl slot (I was A/Cpl when I went for a job interview) so some sort of dispensation was granted being as though I was an A grade and acting anyway.

...Like someone else mentioned... seems to be some slots in the secret West Midlands training base and somewhere oop North. Interested in those?

Also, what did you do in Gib as a fairy if you don't mind me asking? I have family there and was under the impression there was not a chance in hell I could ever go there. I understand if you'd rather not say!

Back