• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Av SAC-CPL promotion board

Is it really as bad as being made out? Have quite a few lads I used to work with getting posted there from Brize recently. I'd defo consider instructing when we move to Lyneham for training, not likely to happen for a long time yet...

Without derailing the thread too much, we are quite a few guys down at the minute. There are a few guys who were asked to extend beyond their 5 year point which runs out in the second half of the year. There will be quite a few getting to their five point in the next few months too, most of whom are looking to move on.

This current situation has led to the management changing their policy on allowing newly promoted guys to take up instructor roles, which wasn't the case until around the turn of the year.

sulky

SAC
Also, what did you do in Gib as a fairy if you don't mind me asking? I have family there and was under the impression there was not a chance in hell I could ever go there. I understand if you'd rather not say!

soz mate due to cut backs vas (where i was) has just about closed, as of august this year RAF Gib will have 5 personnel 1 oc, 1 ops, 1 ops clerk and 2 other who aren't techies...soz. I got told after being there 3 months, although i was gutted i got a year there and loved every minute

Without derailing the thread too much, we are quite a few guys down at the minute. There are a few guys who were asked to extend beyond their 5 year point which runs out in the second half of the year. There will be quite a few getting to their five point in the next few months too, most of whom are looking to move on.

This current situation has led to the management changing their policy on allowing newly promoted guys to take up instructor roles, which wasn't the case until around the turn of the year.

Thanks for the info mate. I did sort of assume they must've changed the policy with all the news about slots coming up.

soz mate due to cut backs vas (where i was) has just about closed, as of august this year RAF Gib will have 5 personnel 1 oc, 1 ops, 1 ops clerk and 2 other who aren't techies...soz. I got told after being there 3 months, although i was gutted i got a year there and loved every minute

Sounds awesome, should've realised it was Vahs! I'll let you know if I hear anything at work since we're both in the 70's.

Apologies to the OP for changing the subject a bit... back on topic! Good luck to everyone...

sulky

SAC
coolio cheers...might even be in and around the same time and if we both have postings the other wants... swap

Signed paperwork Monday mate, no posting for me either as I expected. If you haven't already signed yours, it should be very soon!

Last edited:
Back