• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Banned from wearing our National Flag!!!

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
This is getting beyond a joke now!!

"A statement from the Met said: "The dress code states only approved corporate badging may be used."

Ok correct me if i'm wrong, but surely the flag of our nation is approved? If you can wear your medal ribbons on your stab vest in the police surely you can wear the Union Flag

G

grumpyoldb

It would probably be seen as provocative, these days.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
If there are those who really wear the "Rainbow" badge, should they not also be penalised ?
This is getting beyond a joke !

No wonder we are losing our national identity if we are not even allowed to ware our national flag! What would they say if it was St Gorge cross! Probably suspend them for being racist. I wouldn’t mind put we are paying these idiots to come up with statements that we a) cannot ware our national flag b) you cannot show solidarity for the troops risking there life for are safety. It is just madness!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I wonder?

If an EU flag had been worn, would that have been okay?

I find the EU flag incredibly offensive btw.

TW

icarus

LAC
There are many codes, rules and guides in this life it's just the idiots that actually go out of their way and enforce this type that gets my goat up. I mean there you sat in your office, some sad git Billy no life or mates and you come accross this piece of legislation which falls under your remit. You choose to go out of your way and enforce it or give it dam well good leaving alone, personally I know what I'd have done.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
FFS this is in the currant bun, so must be the gospel truth. What is it, you all managed to get bored with hounding Gordy out of office, expenses all a distant memory, swine flu gone away. As if there wasn't enough going on for the papers they throw in an incredibly slow news week story.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Some sandal wearing, yogurt knitting fool at our HQ took offense to someone wearing a poppy last year and asked him to remove it as it wasn't part of uniform.
They were quickly reprimanded and educated.

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Some sandal wearing, yogurt knitting fool at our HQ took offense to someone wearing a poppy last year and asked him to remove it as it wasn't part of uniform.
They were quickly reprimanded and educated.

I hope by reprimanded and educated you mean round -house kicked and thoroughly beaten! :pDT_Xtremez_32:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
While serving at RIC(NI) I bought an RUC tie pin, this was at a time when the RUC was going to be disbanded, I even signed a petition being touted by our green cousins. The then Sqn Ldr i/c RIC told me to remove the tie pin forthwith as we didn't want to be seen making a political statement, what a spineless tw@t.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I once got told to take of my H4H wristband whilst in my blues by our beloved Navy Jengo (He who thinks the best way to sort out a crack in a GR9 canopy is to stop drill it!) only for a Squadron Leader to walk in with his H4H wristband on.

He didn't bother saying anything about it after that.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I once got told to take of my H4H wristband whilst in my blues by our beloved Navy Jengo (He who thinks the best way to sort out a crack in a GR9 canopy is to stop drill it!) only for a Squadron Leader to walk in with his H4H wristband on.

He didn't bother saying anything about it after that.

Be aware said individual reads the Goat - as well as the WO.

Just a warning mate. Off Topic

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
I ware a cross of St Goerge flag tie pin at work and as there a few people here of shall we say are a darker hew than me I wounder how long it will be before I get told to take it off?

steve_k243

Sergeant
I ware a cross of St Goerge flag tie pin at work and as there a few people here of shall we say are a darker hew than me I wounder how long it will be before I get told to take it off?

Unless your company has an official dress code, in writing, you can tell them to poke their request! I would point out that if someone has an issue with the flag of this country he should be considered the racist / antagonist!

This kind of PC nonsense is usually instigated by white middle class morons with no touch of reality.

Very rarely will you find someone "darker" actually complaining, certainly I only ever came across one individual like it. This guy had a chip on his shoulder the size of Norway and would make a race issue out of everything, I.E. being pulled up for being late.

genghis

Liney 'till I die
Subscriber
Slightly Off Topic

Last year, I went to a hot and sandy place. In my flat I had a Union Flag hung up in the window (it had been there for a couple of years by this point, I've moved since then).

While I was away, my neighbour sent me a bluey saying that the neighbourhood representatives had received a complaint about my flag, deeming it offensive!

I sent a response to my neighbour, saying that it will be staying up and I'll talk about it when I get back.

Upon my return, I had a knock on the door by the neighbourhood rep. I calmly said to him that I don't care about the complaint, I'd be keeping it up. He didn't realise what I did for a living, so I told him exactly why I had been away for 4 months and he swiftly shook my hand and told me I'd never hear of another complaint about the Union Flag!

What annoys me is that someone complained in the first place! Why are our National Colours so offensive?
:pDT_Xtremez_44:

(Really happy with the rep though!)

A

AnyoneforaJackbrew?

Slightly Off Topic

Last year, I went to a hot and sandy place. In my flat I had a Union Flag hung up in the window (it had been there for a couple of years by this point, I've moved since then).

While I was away, my neighbour sent me a bluey saying that the neighbourhood representatives had received a complaint about my flag, deeming it offensive!

I sent a response to my neighbour, saying that it will be staying up and I'll talk about it when I get back.

Upon my return, I had a knock on the door by the neighbourhood rep. I calmly said to him that I don't care about the complaint, I'd be keeping it up. He didn't realise what I did for a living, so I told him exactly why I had been away for 4 months and he swiftly shook my hand and told me I'd never hear of another complaint about the Union Flag!

What annoys me is that someone complained in the first place! Why are our National Colours so offensive?
:pDT_Xtremez_44:

(Really happy with the rep though!)

You don't know why it is offensive or rather, perceived to be offensive? Do you have your head buried in sand?

We went all over the world in the 19th century, which in the big scheme of things is not long ago.

We colonised India, Pakistan, the Americas, Africa etc. We also f&&ked over the Irish in the early 20th century - and if you don't know the history - read about it.

There are no grey areas, we fu**ed them over, the Irish nationalists could have been more diplomatic over the last 40 years, true, but the fact is that we f**... them over.

The British also attacked Scots in the 18th century, though many Scots benefited and wanted to be in the union, just listen to Rabbie Burns parcel of rogues - and you will get the jist as to why - to this day - we hate being under UK rule.

Why am I in the Air Force if I am not proud to be British?

I am Scottish, then British - I don't hate English people, I disagree about what their forefathers did, and therefore find it difficult to trust them.

I am offended by the fact the English colours are CRUDELY PAINTED OVER THE SALTIRE ON THE UNION FLAG.

MY COLOURS DO NOT RUN.

HAIL HAIL CALEDONIA!

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
I am Scottish, then British - I don't hate English people, I disagree about what their forefathers did, and therefore find it difficult to trust them.

I am offended by the fact the English colours are CRUDELY PAINTED OVER THE SALTIRE ON THE UNION FLAG.

MY COLOURS DO NOT RUN.

HAIL HAIL CALEDONIA!

At least they acknowledge Scotland on the Union Flag, Wales isn't even recognised and spare me the bollox about it being a principality.

Shugster

Warrant Officer
You don't know why it is offensive or rather, perceived to be offensive? Do you have your head buried in sand?

We went all over the world in the 19th century, which in the big scheme of things is not long ago.

We colonised India, Pakistan, the Americas, Africa etc. We also f&&ked over the Irish in the early 20th century - and if you don't know the history - read about it.

There are no grey areas, we fu**ed them over, the Irish nationalists could have been more diplomatic over the last 40 years, true, but the fact is that we f**... them over.

The British also attacked Scots in the 18th century, though many Scots benefited and wanted to be in the union, just listen to Rabbie Burns parcel of rogues - and you will get the jist as to why - to this day - we hate being under UK rule.

Why am I in the Air Force if I am not proud to be British?

MY COLOURS DO NOT RUN.

HAIL HAIL CALEDONIA!

Yawn! Fcuk off you boring sweaty cnut.

Scotland has started more wars than the English, don't get upset if you can't finish what you started.

Donaldo, is that you per chance? ******

If the only history you learn is about the evil English, then you are a very narrow minded kn0b.