• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Buying wine

Rikster

Sergeant
Drink beer.........honestly what is the world coming to, wine is for those times you HAVE to take her out, and weddings....................more incoming???:pDT_Xtremez_42:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Diamond fookin sh!te...................?
It's either peculier or stella for me young man, up until about 9pm.
Then the scotch comes out.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

You're drinking maidens water....................::p:
Gotta say, I'm usually a real ale drinker, Betty Stoggs or whatever's going. Usually followed by the odd brandy. I do like wine with a meal though and get through the odd bottle or two!

G

grumpyoldb

I have unashamedly accepted a gift of two slabs of charlie today.
I'll drink most things if it's free.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

G

grumpyoldb

You old sot! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

That's me.
I'll save it for me next barbie, and serve it to the rabble, whilst I savour some of the more quality offerings which they may bring with them.

Either that or serve it with lime for the ladies.
They ain't getting their mits on my stella.....................:pDT_Xtremez_31:

G

grumpyoldb

Local newsagents. £1.99 for a litre and a half. Does the job!

It's cheaper at the local chemist shop mate.
It goes under the name of metholated spirits................:S

Have you tried MEK.........?
It blows yer feckin 'ed off.
I used to run me zippo on it.:0 :pDT_Xtremez_30:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That's me.
I'll save it for me next barbie, and serve it to the rabble, whilst I savour some of the more quality offerings which they may bring with them.

Either that or serve it with lime for the ladies.
They ain't getting their mits on my stella.....................:pDT_Xtremez_31:
I understand entirely where you're coming from. The young whimps of today probably couldn't even spell whine!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I have unashamedly accepted a gift of two slabs of charlie today.
I'll drink most things if it's free.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I thought that normally came in kilo bags ! :pDT_Xtremez_41:

Eight cans of carling for £6 last week. Four cans of Brains bitter £2.69 in Aldi :pDT_Xtremez_28:

G

grumpyoldb

ASDA were selling 12 cans of Tetley bitter for 6 quid on Saturday.

50p a can......................it'll do a trip!:pDT_Xtremez_19:

B

billy bollox

I found Laithwaites were good as well.........or at least the missus did!

Laithwaites doing a 4-seasons deal at the mo (not sure if its existing customers only though?) Buy one crate mixed, white or red every 2 or 3 months and get a free crate mixed, white or red for £69.99. 70 quid for 24 aint too bad and thats every time with cancelation no problem if you want to.
Also doing 15 of the above for £39.99

Thinking about doing the £69.99 every 3 months myself
:pDT_Xtremez_35:

I

it's-me-isn't-it

Been drinking wine for so many years now...:pDT_Xtremez_09: ... You're lucky to find a lasting supply of good wine - they change their stock so frequently! I've been considering joining a wine club or some such thing in order to get a consistently good supply of reasonable quality wine. The Telegraph Wine Club here:

http://www.telegraphwine.co.uk

supply cases of 12 bottles for as little as 50 squids a go. Anyone else tried these or found somewhere better?

Ping hic

The times wine club is run by laithwaites, it is one and the same in everything but name, if you join one you can get all the benifts i.e buy one case get one free. then cancel and jioin the other and get all the benefits twice.
we have done this to great effect. 4 cases of wine for the price of 2.

get in

Last edited:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The telegraph wine club is run by laithwaites, it is one and the same in everything but name, if you join one you can get all the benifts i.e buy one case get one free. then cancel and jioin the other and get all the benefits twice.
we have done this to great effect. 4 cases of wine for the price of 2.

get in

Similar prices do you know?