• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Campaign to save the RAF 'tach

• Thread starter Thread starter Fat Is Good
  • Start date Start date
F

Fat Is Good

Over recent years I have noticed a sad decline in the number of RAF tach's. I feel that they are a vital part of our heritage and would be sadly missed should they become extinct altogether. Has anyone any ideas of how to encourage their return?

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
You could offer a free Stable Belt, blue name tag, illegally issued leather soled shoes and a chip bag hat to anybody willing to grow one....:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Major Geek

Sergeant
No

No

Fat Is Good said:
Over recent years I have noticed a sad decline in the number of RAF tach's. I feel that they are a vital part of our heritage and would be sadly missed should they become extinct altogether. Has anyone any ideas of how to encourage their return?

No No No. They should all be handed back into stores immediately!!!!!!

R

reddeathdrinker

Major Geek said:
No No No. They should all be handed back into stores immediately!!!!!!

I was going to back this campaign, but then the grumpy civvie stacker told me I wasn't scaled for one.....

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
rest have risen above me said:
You could offer a free Stable Belt, blue name tag, illegally issued leather soled shoes and a chip bag hat to anybody willing to grow one....:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Don't forget the briefcase with name, rank & number emblazoned in gold. Strictly for carrying butty box & newspaper of course! :)

insty66

Corporal
right listen in i have a raf tash and it is great, the birds in the bops loves it

The only reason he has one is he's scared of shaving his nose off!!! :PDT_Xtremez_31:

The demise of the RAF tashe is possibly the only improvement in the last 5 years. :raf:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Penguins Suck said:
right listen in i have a raf tash and it is great, the birds in the bops loves it
Bet it looks just like the Biker from the Village People

A

Albert Park

RAF 'tash

RAF 'tash

The RAF 'tash is alive and kicking at a not-so-secret Typhoon base in Lincolnshire. Although this once-popular beast is in decline you are never disappointed because you will see them here - and a couple of the blokes have them as well. ;)

The RAF 'tash is still reasonably popular with those who frequent the old folks home (and those with aspirations of weekly Bingo nites).

I bumped into and old buddy not too long ago who had taken steps to plunge this once mighty facial adornment into near extinction - he'd only gone and shaved the friggin' thing off. Never thought I'd see the day.

T

Twonston Pickle

I once met a canadian officer (in the RAF) at Aldergrove; he had the most fantastic handlebar tache and it looked great. Well, on him anyway.

R

ResidentTiger

I do believe that very same canadien officer was a pilot on the mighty wokka, he used to brylcream his tach wear a cravat and ponce around with a cane very nice chap as well.

D

Dirk Thrust

ResidentTiger said:
I do believe that very same canadien officer was a pilot on the mighty wokka, he used to brylcream his tach wear a cravat and ponce around with a cane very nice chap as well.

Dont forget the smoking jacket RT. Good at playing the Bag Pipes too. Terribly nice chap

T

Twonston Pickle

He was certainly a pilot on the rotary side, although I think it was Pumas for him at Aldergrove. Set a fine example of an eccentric officer.

T

thegobbiecabbie

He was also the resident piper, apparently could play the pipes as well as any north of the border folk.

Major Geek

Sergeant
There was a Cpl who worked at the Regional Detention Center at Wyton in the early nineties who had a tach like that - V Scary. Anyone remember him, he used to drive a Range Rover I think.

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Did you boys not have RAF Tash growing competions on Det?
The rule was you were not allowed to shave top lip from leaving home until the day you returned. On long Dets slight pruning was allowed but shaving was out.
I have some truly hideous photos from them days that make me look as if I am at strange foreign gay rallies but I treasure them all the same!!
BRING BACK DET TASHS!!

T

The Green Scopie

Det Tash growing used to be common practice. One problem was that coming back from sunny climbs and the obligatory shave before Mrs Green Scopie saw it meant that you had a white top lip for a while.

Back