• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to E-Goat. The best RAF forums on the web.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You may have noticed that change is happening within the forums.

Well, the change is there for a reason.

What is that reason?

Well, it's there to return the forums to the membership by sorting out the back room and server stuff.

What does that mean? It means that E-Goat belongs to the members of the Royal Air Force, present, past and future!

The change is happening and we welcome everyone back!

Last edited:

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You may have noticed that change is happening within the forums.

Well, the change is there for a reason.

What is that reason?

Well, it's there to return the forums to the membership by sorting out the back room and server stuff.

What does that mean? It means that E-Goat belongs to the members of the Royal Air Force, present, past and future!

The change is happening and we welcome everyone back!

But but but...

I`m a subscriber and donator...so wasn`t it partly mine in the first place...which means you`ve privatised something i owned back to the membership...

...you are George Osbourne and i claim my £5. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Sorry to drag this up again, but having just upgraded my browser to something more up to date I thought I'd try and see if I could access some of the older galleries that are available on the Goat.

I still get the following message:

Kryten, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have emptied all my cookies out and reloaded the browser; heck - I have even tried hitting my laptop with a hammer! Am I doing something wrong?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Kryten,

post the URL for the page that is throwing up the error message and I will see if there is anything in my settings that could cause the issue.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Guess what ... ?

vBulletin_zpsbtku9kv1.jpg

I will go through my board settings and try to find the root cause but I feel it may be quite a long while.

Anybody else getting the same?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
A quick Google search has come up with this ...

Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

More info >> HERE <<

In the mean time I will go through my board settings to see if there is anything obvious.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Barch, Kryten, I will check out the permissions later on today. The link works fine for me so it's probably a user group permission that needs tweaking.

Thanks for flagging it up!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This issue was flagged up to Wobbly last year but was never resolved as far as I know.

Thanks mate. I will look into it later. If all is okay in the user settings, it's possible that I may have to update the code for the gallery.

Bear with me and I will see what I can do.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Thanks mate. I will look into it later. If all is okay in the user settings, it's possible that I may have to update the code for the gallery.

Bear with me and I will see what I can do.

Thanks mate - much appreciated.