• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changing Aeso's

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Today at work we came across a reason to change the orders in AESO's....does anyone have any knowledge how to go about this or even better having done it themselves ?

Before anyone asks no i have no trawled through AESO's but will do if need be...was just hoping someone knew.

Cheers....

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Tashy educate a nurse and tell me what an AESO is? PS dont get this thread removed Te He

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Tashy educate a nurse and tell me what an AESO is? PS dont get this thread removed Te He

I would love to..if i could remember !! Another thing they keep changing the name of......it's something like Aircraft Engineering Station Orders...in fact i think thats it...lol..oh well.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Today at work we came across a reason to change the orders in AESO's....does anyone have any knowledge how to go about this or even better having done it themselves ?

Before anyone asks no i have no trawled through AESO's but will do if need be...was just hoping someone knew.

Cheers....

Aircraft Engineering Standing Orders. JAP100A-01 Order 1.10 (I think), formally AP100B-01 Order 8.1 (now gone). They were to be part of Station Logistics Standing Orders (SLoSOs) which had an Aircraft side (AESOs) and General Enginnering Standing Orders (mainly for the GSE guys). Procedures for Local orders laid down in QR's and ref the JAP and the AP100B-01 order (which does not exsit). The CIS side have cocked this right up in the new order in AP600. See your SQAC Tashy, they should be the bod that knows the amendment system for AESO's and how to do the change.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Aircraft Engineering Standing Orders. JAP100A-01 Order 1.10 (I think), formally AP100B-01 Order 8.1 (now gone). They were to be part of Station Logistics Standing Orders (SLoSOs) which had an Aircraft side (AESOs) and General Enginnering Standing Orders (mainly for the GSE guys). Procedures for Local orders laid down in QR's and ref the JAP and the AP100B-01 order (which does not exsit). The CIS side have cocked this right up in the new order in AP600. See your SQAC Tashy, they should be the bod that knows the amendment system for AESO's and how to do the change.

Cheers MainJafad....not sure who that is at the mo as i believe our QA guy has been promoted and move to station QA.....anyways he will know so will check it out next week.....thanks for all your help

Tashy......:PDT_Xtremez_06:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
TM, does the relevant order have a sponsor?

Don't know at the mo.....at the time i was angry when being told what to do....i refused anyway but within a few minutes a fire truck turned up anyway but the orders for Hotpit need changing now.

I will check up next time at work.

Cheers all............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Don't know at the mo.....at the time i was angry when being told what to do....i refused anyway but within a few minutes a fire truck turned up anyway but the orders for Hotpit need changing now.

The whole hotpit thing needs looking at, binning!:raf:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
The whole hotpit thing needs looking at, binning!:raf:

Well after today ...i agree !!

We had 2 jets in for hotpit.....bowser but no fire cover

There was a state 2 going on with both fire engines in attendance....

I was told in hot pit training..no fire cover no hotpit !!

we waited and waited...then the cpl (on his 2nd hot pit) went in to read the rules......came back and said we could...i said bo11ox..........went in to read myself

They did say we could do a hotpit during a state 2 but i refused and rang line training, he ALSO said no way !!!

As i was walking back to the AC we got a fire engine so we did the hot pit and ERCC but this is the first time this has happened while i've been on and it needs changing.

IF no fire cover is needed during state 2 why do we need it everytime on normal hotpit...just say on call in the firestation.

I for one as a JNCO will NEVER carry out HOTPIT without fire cover present....AESO's or not...it aint safe

Crack on...............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

C

Chuffybum

The statement regarding the hot pit order in regards to State 2s had apparently been brought up before. The outcome was that the AESO order would take precedence as OC Ops/FSW had previously accepted the perceived risk (this has been signed for and recorded on file). Therefore the order does not require to be changed.
Regarding ammendments to AESOs, I suspect that you will find the proper procedure at the front of the book - it is on most Units. As for the sponsor; his post should be displayed at the top of the AESO order that you had obviously read prior to carrying out Hot Pit procedures - bit surprised that such an experienced and knowledgable chap like you Tashy Man didn't notice that.

F

Fablon biff chit

beg pardon... Hotpit?

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
beg pardon... Hotpit?

Engines running refuelling!! Choppers with pressure refuelling + Pumas have been doing rotors running for years. It is popular with Tonkas as more flying is possible (solves a few problems). Typhoons do it too.

as for AESO admendment, every station will have an AESO co-ordinator. Talk to him and he will tell you the proceedure.

Last edited:
E

Edzar

Well after today ...i agree !!

We had 2 jets in for hotpit.....bowser but no fire cover

There was a state 2 going on with both fire engines in attendance....

I was told in hot pit training..no fire cover no hotpit !!

we waited and waited...then the cpl (on his 2nd hot pit) went in to read the rules......came back and said we could...i said bo11ox..........went in to read myself

They did say we could do a hotpit during a state 2 but i refused and rang line training, he ALSO said no way !!!

As i was walking back to the AC we got a fire engine so we did the hot pit and ERCC but this is the first time this has happened while i've been on and it needs changing.

IF no fire cover is needed during state 2 why do we need it everytime on normal hotpit...just say on call in the firestation.

I for one as a JNCO will NEVER carry out HOTPIT without fire cover present....AESO's or not...it aint safe

Crack on...............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Having never actually seen hotpit going on (due to my own head normally being on fire inside the hangar!), I am surprised you need fire cover there at all.

I was doing rotors running refuels on Chinnys 18 years ago and we never had fire cover then...especially when we were operating from some field or on the middle of the desert.

Crack on Tashy and stop yer bleating!!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Crack on Tashy and stop yer bleating!!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Don't you start on me as well Ed !!

I can see where your coming from and if it was in orders fair enough...but IF when a state 2 is in progress AND the fire truck has to depart how is it still safe to carry on ?(why was it there in the first place then ?)
They might as well just change orders to state that the fire engine will stay in the fire station "on call"........

I'll crack on now......:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Forestfan

SAC
Tashy,

This is a contentious issue, but in short OC FSW's have said it's OK as long as Fire Crews are on standby. State 2's raise the game a little bit.

It's not happened to me yet - if you feel that strongly about it, next time ring Eng Ops, tell them to ask OC FSW if you're clear to continue. Drop it right in his lap, and it'll be witnessed too.

To challenge an AESO you need to speak to the order sponsor first mate.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Tashy,

This is a contentious issue, but in short OC FSW's have said it's OK as long as Fire Crews are on standby. State 2's raise the game a little bit.

It's not happened to me yet - if you feel that strongly about it, next time ring Eng Ops, tell them to ask OC FSW if you're clear to continue. Drop it right in his lap, and it'll be witnessed too.

To challenge an AESO you need to speak to the order sponsor first mate.

Hi FF,

If i read that right your saying that OC FSW's are saying we no longer have to have a fire engine at hotpit ? We still do but like i have said if they have go for an emergency we can still continue...seems daft to me.

I will be speaking to the sponsor next week.

Thanks for all the replies.....:PDT_Xtremez_09:

A

Almost_done

Amending AESOs

Amending AESOs

Tashy,

You need the prelim chapter to the AESO book you want to amend, then it's either Prelim Order 1 or 2 can't remember, this gives the amendment procedure and the necessary paperwork to rasie the amendment. Then you send the proposed amendment to the Sponsor of the order, normally a Sengo or OC FSW/Depth, they either think it's a great thing and then get you to send it on to FS Eggs Chips and Peas (normally the person for the AESOs amendments to go to) or they'll say rubbish and give it back to you.

Either way you'll have your answer, all the best and remember 'no' is not a dirty word.:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:
R

rottonapple

Amending AESOs is the easy bit 2 signatures and some typing .

Getting the sponsor to change his mind is the tricky bit !

Back