• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changing Aeso's

A

Almost_done

Amending AESOs is the easy bit 2 signatures and some typing .

Getting the sponsor to change his mind is the tricky bit !

If it's well written (follow JSP101 if you don't know service writing conventions) and a logical and practical amendment the sponsor will generally agree to it, if you write 'cos this order is tos' then you'll get nowhere.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Update.....

Update.....

Have submitted the amendment and passed up the chain......will await feedback....not gonna hold my breath but at least i can say i tried.

Crack on...............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Having never actually seen hotpit going on (due to my own head normally being on fire inside the hangar!), I am surprised you need fire cover there at all.

I was doing rotors running refuels on Chinnys 18 years ago and we never had fire cover then...especially when we were operating from some field or on the middle of the desert.

Crack on Tashy and stop yer bleating!!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Sorry Ed there's nowt left on your head to burn so stop fibbingabout how busy you are.

You're right though we was doing open line rotor's running refuels for years on puma's without fire cover.

E

Eckster

When I was on 31 at Marham they changed the procedures for hotpit ERCC's and engine running refuels from a fire engine present to it being on call due to the possibility of a state 2 occuring.

Fire section said that there should be extinguishers available during the refuel process as they would be required for when the right hand engine was restarted.

We said we weren't happy about no fire cover but were told that AESO's had been changed to incorporate the new procedure.

Only reason for the change is to keep the Tonkas flying so the crews can snag the crap out of them for the night shift and expect them to be fixed for the morning.

Last edited:

Roobsta

Corporal
Only reason for the change is to keep the Tonkas flying so the crews can snag the crap out of them for the night shift and expect them to be fixed for the morning.

Oh Eck - so cynical for one so young. They do get an 80% serviceability out of the hotpit as opposed to a 50% from a turn. Just like most technical things - the more you turn it off and on, the greater the chance that it'll break.

you coming to Gloucestershire in July?

C

Chuffybum

Oh Eck - so cynical for one so young. They do get an 80% serviceability out of the hotpit as opposed to a 50% from a turn. Just like most technical things - the more you turn it off and on, the greater the chance that it'll break.

you coming to Gloucestershire in July?

Up at ISL I believe its 92% on HPR as opposed to 50%ish on normal turn.

Back