• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Christmas Message

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
At this time of year I am reminded of all our boys and girls who aren't at home this Christmas...some in far away places and those who are standing a shift on UK stations whilst we feast and make merry. Without those people stepping up to the mark our country would be not be as safe as it is and our way of lives not so assured. We all thank you for that effort and sacrifice of your time with loved ones and we hope you all return safely for a belated celebration soon.

14 months ago the Goat changed hands to me. I set two objectives which would keep the place afloat and give us something to build upon which were financial and technical stability. You can't enjoy the Goat if you can't see it and we can give it to you with insufficient funds in the bank.I can report to you that we are happy to claim those objectives as complete.

For next year I want to set two new objectives and you can all help with both of them. The first is to achieve a new look Goat. Same ethos but just a new look about it to keep things fresh. TalkWrench will be canvassing you all soon in a thread for ideas and opinions. The second is to make a donation to a charity by 31/12/16. it may just be £100-200 initially but I want us to have an effect on something by then and you when the time is right can help us to identify something worthy.

I want to thank TAlkWrench and all the admins and Mods...TW has worked ever so hard to get the site stable and the mods have hung in there and kept the place safe.

All that remains for me to do is wish you all a very Merry Christmas, whether serving or retired, whether young or old, you are all welcome and valued here on the Goat so have a good one!

Vim

Merry Christmas all!

Merry Christmas all!

Thanks to yourself and TW for all your hard work (love the goat and some of the weird and wonderful chats).

I came upon The Goat about a year ago when I started my journey to join the RAF and this site and the users have been informative and helpful (cheers guys and gals). I'm pleased to say I will be attesting next month, bring on 2016.

Merry Christmas

KS

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I've been knocking around on the goat for a good while now. Witnessed it struggle, offered support when required. May it go from strength to strength!

Thank you Vim, Talkwrench et all. Stirling work as always. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Thanks to Vim and the mods for keeping things going.

I admit I drifted away as I transitioned into being a veteran (I'll never be a civvy) but coming back I find that the Goat is a way of keeping in touch with old friends, reliving some of the great times I had in the RAF and passing the small hours when I'm working away from home.

Thanks again guys and Merry Christmas from the edge of the Holy Land!

HTB

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
To All Mods

Many hanks or your sterling efforts during 2015.
All the very best to you all and may 2016 see the Goat continue to go from strength to strength

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Thanks to the Goat and to your MOD's thuis year for keeping the entertainment level high and the arguments always visceral. Why the enterprise server doesn't block it I'll never know ... :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Obi Wan

Sergeant
To all Mods
Many Thanks for all the effort you put into the "Goat" but most importantly I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a cracking New Year

Blue72

SAC
Just really echoing the thanks from others to all who put in work either running, or indeed simply posting on the forums. Thought provoking and frequently downright disgusting, it's always worth a visit!

stingray888

Sergeant
You have all made significant improvements to the Goat. It was dying on its feet at one time. Keep going and all the best to you all.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks to the Goat and to your MOD's thuis year for keeping the entertainment level high and the arguments always visceral. Why the enterprise server doesn't block it I'll never know ... :pDT_Xtremez_31:

That's because we strive to keep it RAF friendly. There's a lot of things going on in the background and if it wasn't for Chip, the Goat might not be here.

You have all made significant improvements to the Goat. It was dying on its feet at one time. Keep going and all the best to you all.

Thanks S888,

The work will carry on and on behalf of the membership, we will keep on going and improving.

Time for some lemonade and fairy cakes!

TW

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Sincere thanks to the Admin & Mods for their sterling service, and to the contributors for making me smile at times.
To You and all those unable to be with their family this Christmas, I say "Thank You"

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
That's because we strive to keep it RAF friendly. There's a lot of things going on in the background and if it wasn't for Chip, the Goat might not be here.

Thanks S888,

The work will carry on and on behalf of the membership, we will keep on going and improving.

Time for some lemonade and fairy cakes!

TW
Thanks mate but the Goat wouldn't be here without the team to be fair 😉 although I don't want to use the Navy recruitment motto! So "The team doesn't not work" 😂

stacker1195

Sergeant
Christmas Message

I know I've not been around as much lately but it's still good to see things going strong on here. Merry Christmas to all goat's out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Well, its Christmas Eve, and as I'll be on the M6 tomorrow to spend the big day in Worcester Hospital I'd like to wish everyone on the Goat a very merry Christmas and best wishes for 2016. I'd also like to say a very big thank you to everyone involved in running the Goat - through you a very important part of my life is kept at the forefront of my mind.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Following a sever re-jigging of my PC, I'm not sure if I have made any contributions towards the Goat and its endeavours.
If someone would be kind enough to let me know of the PayPal details, I'll endeavour to rectify the problem.

BTW; are we still supporting that little Veterans charity?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Egoat been a bit skint lately but we want to start donating to charity regularly again soon.

As a Mod I'd like to say a big thank you to the membership for their support, I hope you've all had a great day whether you're a regular contributor or just a lurker.

We try to have a very light touch and only intervene where absolutely necessary, let's have a good 2016.