• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl - Sgt ATM promotion

Raddaran

LAC
Ok here it is.
I was on the promotion board last year and came in at 99 , they wanted 128 , that was before the SDR. I have heard that they released the first 30 by Nov 2010. Will the cuts be to my favour or not. As anyone heard any gossip aboout promotions this year. Thanks

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ok here it is.
I was on the promotion board last year and came in at 99 , they wanted 128 , that was before the SDR. I have heard that they released the first 30 by Nov 2010. Will the cuts be to my favour or not. As anyone heard any gossip aboout promotions this year. Thanks

Its not looking great, hopefully some releases from the Sgt-CT board will fillter down to the Cpls board.

Bad News!!

Bad News!!

If you go on the manning website and check for Dec personnel bulletin. It says they have stopped at 31 for the year.

Don't shoot the messenger!!!

:PDT_Xtremez_09:

S

sootie

Rumor has it that there has been movement on the board, I believe people people in the late thirties and forties have been released.

Does anyone know up to what number has been released?

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Two lads in our workplace just got the nod mate. One was at number two, the other down in the thirties or fourties. Can't be more precise than that, sorry.

rigpig

SAC
Jul 11th is here!

Jul 11th is here!

Eyes down for a full house the ATM Board sits today pre board number is 88.

1000 estimated in scope.

board ends 26th.

Good luck to all who stand a chance, theres not many I guess.

:PDT_Xtremez_30:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Eyes down for a full house the ATM Board sits today pre board number is 88.

1000 estimated in scope.

board ends 26th.

Good luck to all who stand a chance, theres not many I guess.

:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Well more chance on winning the lotto me thinks.

From what I've heard from the pre-boarding phone calls - it seems every Heavy Cpl on 33 Eng is a B cat... Anyone on 33 actually an A or does my conspiracy theory that someone's asked for stability during the move and so have automatically put everyone as a B actually have some weight??

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I know of a couple of really good lads that are still B cat, the bar is obviously very high. A spec rec seems the only certain way to get on the board.

B

bluetonic

I know of a couple of really good lads that are still B cat, the bar is obviously very high. A spec rec seems the only certain way to get on the board.

I agree, an 'Exceptional' recommendation, or a high which reads as exceptional, is probably the only way to get promoted in our rank/ trade group at the moment. Mind you, i don't know how losing 130 heavy snecs will affect the plot after September?

In all honesty when has an exceptional or a well written high not been the only way to get promoted?

I know the system is so subjective, but surely we should only be promoting those that fit this criteria.

I know this a really touchy subject and I'm not aiming to start an argument, for the record I think the system is massively flawed. It's a shame it's not practical to interview for promotion.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I agree, an 'Exceptional' recommendation, or a high which reads as exceptional, is probably the only way to get promoted in our rank/ trade group at the moment. Mind you, i don't know how losing 130 heavy snecs will affect the plot after September?

High for one rank and Excep for two ranks seems to have done the trick for a few recently.

Back