• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl - Sgt ATM promotion

B

bluetonic

High for one rank and Excep for two ranks seems to have done the trick for a few recently.

Do you mean 'High rec' for sgt 'Excep' for chief? Sorry, confused! I've never really understood the 2 ranks up policy.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Do you mean 'High rec' for sgt 'Excep' for chief? Sorry, confused! I've never really understood the 2 ranks up policy.

Yes, but it means the potential to be promoted 2 ranks, the recommendation wording is subtly different.

Thats also one of the best tools for gettin people who deserve it promoted ahead of the normal time frame.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Yes, but it means the potential to be promoted 2 ranks, the recommendation wording is subtly different.

Thats also one of the best tools for gettin people who deserve it promoted ahead of the normal time frame.

This is the problem with SJAR's, not everyone is entirely sure of the "system" all SNCO's should go to manning and sit through a promotion board and be given the knowledge. Far too many good lads are getting overlooked and some get through because their SNCO's know how to frig the system. Once again the RAF introduced a system without the correct training......

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
This is the problem with SJAR's, not everyone is entirely sure of the "system" all SNCO's should go to manning and sit through a promotion board and be given the knowledge. Far too many good lads are getting overlooked and some get through because their SNCO's know how to frig the system. Once again the RAF introduced a system without the correct training......

I have done it, but is it really practical for every SNCO to get on a board?

Read every presidents board report and use examples wherever possible has to be the way ahead for most.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How can you have a higher score for 2 ranks up than 1 up?

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
How can you have a higher score for 2 ranks up than 1 up?

If you are relatively junior in rank but showing loads of potential to reach two ranks higher, there is nothing stopping the recommendations being.

Dev
Yes

Or

Yes
High

It worked for me :PDT_Xtremez_40:

rigpig

SAC
Eyes down for a full house the ATM Board sits today pre board number is 88.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

OK this is spooky!!!! got the nod on wed I'm 89 on the list!!!

you couldnt make this s"£t up!!!! one away!

Im not getting my hopes up too much with everything going on at the moment, but my managemt and stn manning cell seem to think Im in with a good shout???

Any one else make the board?

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
OK this is spooky!!!! got the nod on wed I'm 89 on the list!!!

you couldnt make this s"£t up!!!! one away!

Im not getting my hopes up too much with everything going on at the moment, but my managemt and stn manning cell seem to think Im in with a good shout???

Any one else make the board?

Somebody spoke to soon!!! Kind of good news and bad news, well done anyway. How many SJARs did it take?

Redundency might well change things a little.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
You'd think one of the 88 ahead of you might decline due to a posting he doesn't want, pvr, redundancy etc. Good to see promotion moving anyway

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You'd think one of the 88 ahead of you might decline due to a posting he doesn't want, pvr, redundancy etc. Good to see promotion moving anyway

Just because the quota is 88 doesn't mean they'll get to 88. Seen many people burned that way....

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
88 is a lot of people to get through. With 2-3,000 to get rid of, it will be even harder.

There's some trades out there where those in the top 5 are having to fret about whether or not they'll be reached in time.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
88 is a lot of people to get through. With 2-3,000 to get rid of, it will be even harder.

There's some trades out there where those in the top 5 are having to fret about whether or not they'll be reached in time.

Not when it's less than 1% of the trade.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
And I was talking about there being a quota of 88 A Tech M Cpls in comparison to other trades.

I know of a guy who was the 2nd best in his rank & trade on a PSL and they didnt get to him before his discharge date.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
It's a tough world out there, but far better than previous drawdown periods. If you are banking on promotion in your last 6 months regardless of position on PSL it's not a great situation.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well I was on the selected last time and the time before that at the lower end of the quota, never got any offers. Done 21 years now with 6 decent High Recs and all the usual commendations etc. Dont hold out this time round but kinda confirms the RAF no longer want me which is probably why they honoured a LTD. Its been good, dissapointed to not make my third for pension and bragging rights but its a tough trade out there now and a lot of young kids pushed through now with in fairness they are having to learn very quickly.

Good luck to those who have made it, I got no idea where I am this year but Im not going to loose any sleep over it.

Back