• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Demise of the TEA BAR MECH.

T

The mighty V

ARF?? Sounds like something we did at TTTE in the early 80's!!!:PDT_Xtremez_28:

R

reddeathdrinker

If a jet goes tits, surely that's what the Lim and ADF logs are for?

"Lim and ADF" standing for "We don't have the manpower or resources to fix the problems"

Seems fairly common round our way. Snecs with nicknames like "Jim the Lim" are the way forward.......

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
reddeathdrinker said:
If a jet goes tits, surely that's what the Lim and ADF logs are for?

"Lim and ADF" standing for "We don't have the manpower or resources to fix the problems"

Seems fairly common round our way. Snecs with nicknames like "Jim the Lim" are the way forward.......

Can't blame you for not trying to ryhme 'ADF' with a name...I've been trying since you posted and I'm ****ed if I can...Unless the snec was of African origin...:raf:

L

Lean "Lean" we are nearly

i know a nick-name for ADF & LIM guy, call him a fairy. I wrote an ADF the other day and it was quite easy so why the feck does it take them 18months to learn to do it?.......................

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
ARF...Feck

ARF...Feck

Well theres me spouting off against ARF.....guess where i'm going for the next 2 weeks....bloody great. The sqn gets to go on det to cyprus taking with them sqn pesonnel on ARF but us on rear party have to "backfill" their posts.......life just can't get any better !

:PDT_Xtremez_09:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Sorry to drag the thread back the the original subject........

Why don't you clean up the t-bar yourselves when you make a mess of it?

We dont have a t-bar mech, we have an honesty box and tick list and leave the cupboards open.

At shift handover or end of night shift before we go we all clean up the t-bar.

Works fine for us!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
MrMasher said:
Sorry to drag the thread back the the original subject........

Why don't you clean up the t-bar yourselves when you make a mess of it?

We dont have a t-bar mech, we have an honesty box and tick list and leave the cupboards open.

At shift handover or end of night shift before we go we all clean up the t-bar.

Works fine for us!

Well i have to say MOST people on the SQN do, but it only takes 1 or 2 not to bother then everyone else thinks why should i bother....don't know the size of your section but a sqn t-bar is difficult if no-one looking after it

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Yeah, I see your point. Our sqn is pretty small to be honest.
Nevertheless, I moan like hell at people who just chuck their dirty plates etc in the sink and expect someone else to do it later and I'm not alone in dishing out the admonishments!
It's sheer laziness half the time and there is no excuse for it.
I look at it like cooking. If you clear up as you go aong there isnt half as much crap to tidy up later on!!
I remember seeing people on t bar in the past lashing peoples cups in the bin because they just left em where they finished with em! It worked sometimes!!!!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
MrMasher said:
Yeah, I see your point. Our sqn is pretty small to be honest.
Nevertheless, I moan like hell at people who just chuck their dirty plates etc in the sink and expect someone else to do it later and I'm not alone in dishing out the admonishments!
It's sheer laziness half the time and there is no excuse for it.
I look at it like cooking. If you clear up as you go aong there isnt half as much crap to tidy up later on!!
I remember seeing people on t bar in the past lashing peoples cups in the bin because they just left em where they finished with em! It worked sometimes!!!!

I know whwere your comming from....even when we had a t bar "mech" i ALWAYS complained about the state of the teaspoons....totally manky, i used to chuck them at the t-bar bloke daily only for him/her to put them back in the cup....i do end up doing it myself because i do hate manky teaspoons...it takes all of 30 seconds to clean em with some scotchbright....too hard for t-bar mechs these days....sack em all :-)

E

EngProp

Tashy_Man said:
We have one but they couldn't call it AMF anymore so had to change to FAM....

3 letters rearranged differently...cost loads to change stuff..just to do the same job as before........madness:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Actually there are 2 now... (D)AMF still has about a year's life in it...

Last edited:
Back