• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did you actually get a pay rise when promoted to Cpl? (Higher Pay band 7 or 8 only)

• Thread starter Thread starter bug_bloke
  • Start date Start date

Did you actually get a pay rise when promoted to Cpl? (Higher Pay band 7 or 8 only)

• Less than 2% and I feel cheated.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Less than 2% but I don't really care, at least I got promoted.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • More than 2%, I'm all right Jack.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Don't know, don't care but I care enough to answer this poll.

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
You will have got a minimum of a 2% pay increase on promotion - fact. The possibility that you would have received the same (or similar) pay increase if you had not been promoted is more or less irrelevant

"Nail head to hammer, direct hit over"
Well, I guess you just weren't one of the chosen ones, who had to suffer a minimum three years in rank whilst arguably less capable and experienced SAC Techs got promoted past us. Not that I'm bitter, but CAN YER WHINGING.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Also, don't forget, as well as being promoted to Cpl, you'll get the offer for signing onto 22yrs for the pension.
Perhaps that might help with the small payrise?

Back