• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-Goat Funding Update

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Hi all.

Apologies for the lack of being around lately but adjusting to Civvy life and and having an extremely busy job at Rolls-Royce has meant a lot of things have taken a back seat over the last 12 months.

I have just been trying to sort out the site hosting annual fee and have realised that due to price hikes we don't have enough dosh in the bank to pay the bills. I've paid for the domain for the next two years out of my own pocket but we are short on the annual hosting fees. Please see images below.

There has been a significant drop in subscriptions over the past 2 years which obviously means that e-goat may have to fold if things don't improve. I fully understand that I need to get my backside back to admining the site a lot more and to sort stuff out and hopefully I will be able to do that in November as I'm swapping roles in my new job which should free up some time at home.

I will have to try and get hold of Mingmong too as we have over a grand in the charities account which is generated from the adverts on the site. However, I don't want to dip into this for obvious reasons.

Anyway, please take a look at the attachments below which are screenshots of the bill and total monies in the e-goat Paypal account. I know I shouldn't need to do this but if some of you more frequent members that haven't donated before could dip their hands in their pockets and help us out it would be much appreciated.

hostingbill.jpgpaypal.jpg

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Wobbly, first of all I'd like to thank you for the effort you and the guys put into running this site - sometimes its easy to forget all the effort and costs associated with running something like the Goat - it is much appreciated.

I would be very happy to make another donation on top of my subscription - I am just concerned that I did a similar activity last year and although it showed up on PayPal that I had done so, I got no confirmation that the money had hit E-Goat Towers...

If there is some way of letting people know that the money has been received (for me it stems from an abject mistrust of Paypal) then I would be happy to wang some more dosh your way...

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
cheers mate. Unfortunately the current paypal script doesn't have the functionality to provide feedback of payment although I could use a new script that's just been released which allows members to see total contributions and everyone that has donated. However, the new script doesn't show the history of donations given prior to the script being installed.

If people want this then please let me know and i will install it.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Not sure about anyone else, but if it was easier a simple PM along the lines of "Money received" or "Is that all, you tight-fisted mechanoid" would be fine......

I'm just waiting for some changes to my PayPal account to be sorted - once they have I'll send another donation in - there may be fewer Goaters out there, but as I've said before this is my last link to my previous life and I'll do whatever I can to keep it afloat....!

ex90brat

LAC
Any way to donate without using paypal? I have had some bad experiences with paypal and prefer not to use it

FOMz

Warrant Officer
You can donate either by a PayPal account or if you don't have a PayPal account via your Debit/Credit card. If you use the second option, The site uses paypal as a means if handling the cash thats all. You wont get issues you sometimes get with PayPal/Ebay. Its perfectly safe and your card/account details are perfectly safe.

This thread has had 160 views at the time of writing this post and if everyone who read it donated a fiver or set up an annual subscription, we would be over 3/4 way to the target.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Done it even as a total IT Biff it was easy.

Click the donate box at the top between blogs and videos, follow the noddy guide, 5 mins max job finished.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Donation made.

May the Goat bring us all many more years of banter and good gen. (Unless its ILLBW, he's just a ****!) :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Don't spend it on sweets.

adjusting to Civvy life and and having an extremely busy job at Rolls-Royce

Have you considered the black aviation-parts market?

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Ladies and Gents, we now have enough to fund the goat for another year. We may have to plan some sort of fund raising event for next year which will have to include a meet.

I will sort out the fees with the server host in the morning.

Many thanks for your support and kind words.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Modest contribution made tonight.
Thanks Wobbly (and all the rest) for all the good works.
:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Wobbly in response to the PM of checking my donation, I sent a PM confirming donation, but your mail box is full. I forgot to add my user name to the Paypal payment.