• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

End of year Finance Report

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
TW's done the tech report so here's a chance for me to let you all know how the cogs will keep greased with income, what we currently spend it on and aspirationally what we would like to do with some of it.

Why do this? E-Goat was set up by Wobbly et al to be non-profit making. When handing over the reins he strongly insisted it remained this way and I have honoured that. To that end the money you give through donations and subscriptions is one part of what keeps the site running so I am keen to show transparency of operations and to keep you all involved high level in the thought processes that we are running behind the scenes to solidify the great position we are in and improve the place moving forwards...you are our shareholders so no secrets!

For a number of years up until 2014 the server fees were a worry. Subs, donations and member levels were falling off and the begging hat had to be utilised to make the target for another year of ops. It heartens me to say that 2015 was the first year this did not happen. With the income enhancements we now have in place it should not have to happen again with your continuing help.

Adsense got us just enough money this year along with some funds from an old legacy account and subs/donations to make the server fees . It was a little confusing on takeover so I have set up new bank and PayPal accounts along with a new email. TW has plumbed it all together so we now know what is what and that it all works.

Subs and donations are down year on year but are still important as the server fees are only one part of a successful site. Really useful patches and upgrades often cost plus site enhancements to make your experience more enjoyable/understandable also come at a price. Please do consider setting up a subscription for as little as £5 for a whole year by pressing that button in the navigation bar at the top of the page!

End of year wealth stands at:
Bank account- £440 (money from Adsense)
Adsense - £80 (money waiting to go across automatically from Adsense)
PayPal- £30 (subs/donations since Oct 15)
Total - £550

Forecast income up to Oct 16 when server fees due:
Adsense -£675
Sub/donations - a further £100

Forecast total -£1325 - £800 (server fees in 16) = £525 to play with.

Our two objectives for this year are a re-skin of the site (new look) and a contribution to a charity of your choosing.

Members of the Goat...I commend this years report on finances to you.

(We will do a tech and finance report every year end from now on)

Vim

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Nice one Vim.

A gentle reminder and shamelessly nicked from Chips signature block, the link to the subs page

To subscribe go to http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/payments.php

It's easy even a massive IT biff like me managed to press the right buttons in less than 5 minutes.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You lot are buffering up my forecast and I am humbled by your actions...Happy New Year!