• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ERB

jsh0210

LAC
Currently waiting on my Employment Review Board decision to come back to me, which has taken over 8 months. I have had my formal medical board already. With my PJMES "working limitation" of A4 L4 M5 E5 and some extra limitations, I'm stuck on what to do!

I'm not enjoying life in the RAF anymore and it's getting me down quite a lot. I have a child and a partner who live in Scotland who I have a house with and I'm an 8-hour drive away which I do almost every weekend. Except from last week where it took me 11 hours just to get home!! The pain of this is starting to get to me a lot as I'm sure you'll imagine!

My ERB can take anything up to a year going off other what other people have said. I've been told it's been through Med Casework, my deskie and now sitting with T&C's. Does anyone have an accurate timescale of this? I don't know whether to PVR and save me the hassle. On top of that, I've been offered Lossiemouth to work on P8 setting up the squadron basically. It actually sounds like quite an interesting job. They deploy to America for a short while to return back to Lossie, and I wouldn't be able to go given my PJMES, which is a bit rubbish! On top of all that, there's a fantastic job opportunity that has come up near home, like 20 mins away! And then on top of that, I've only got 3.5 years left and can't sign on any longer given my PJMES.

Was hoping someone would help shed some light on timescales or give me any good old advice.

Cheers

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Currently waiting on my Employment Review Board decision to come back to me, which has taken over 8 months. I have had my formal medical board already. With my PJMES "working limitation" of A4 L4 M5 E5 and some extra limitations, I'm stuck on what to do!

I'm not enjoying life in the RAF anymore and it's getting me down quite a lot. I have a child and a partner who live in Scotland who I have a house with and I'm an 8-hour drive away which I do almost every weekend. Except from last week where it took me 11 hours just to get home!! The pain of this is starting to get to me a lot as I'm sure you'll imagine!

My ERB can take anything up to a year going off other what other people have said. I've been told it's been through Med Casework, my deskie and now sitting with T&C's. Does anyone have an accurate timescale of this? I don't know whether to PVR and save me the hassle. On top of that, I've been offered Lossiemouth to work on P8 setting up the squadron basically. It actually sounds like quite an interesting job. They deploy to America for a short while to return back to Lossie, and I wouldn't be able to go given my PJMES, which is a bit rubbish! On top of all that, there's a fantastic job opportunity that has come up near home, like 20 mins away! And then on top of that, I've only got 3.5 years left and can't sign on any longer given my PJMES.

Was hoping someone would help shed some light on timescales or give me any good old advice.

Cheers

I had a med board in the middle of May, full ERB disclosure 1st week in August. HTH

briggfairy

Sergeant
it sounds like your fed up with the RAF and your mind is already made up on leaving, if the civvy offer can't wait for you whats the likelihood of getting another when you get released?

jsh0210

LAC
When was yours mad_collie ? Weird why it's taking so long. I know other people have waited up to a year for theirs. The board said they wanted to review me in Nov from the notes they made at the time of the board. So I don't know if that's a review with the docs at med centre or if it means I need to be re-boarded at henlow.

I contacted the civvy job and they were looking for someone to start pretty soon. So that job is out the window... So yeah pretty fed up with the RAF but at the same time it's money for the house etc..