• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ex Long look...Any Views???

Gents.

Long time since I posted on here...anyway, it seems that I am going to have to park the van up for a few months as I am off on exercise Long Look.

I would appreciate any helpful advice from anyone who has been before and a few stories of your time there would be great to get a feel for what is required...apart from drinking and sunbathing:PDT_Xtremez_15:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Gents.

Long time since I posted on here...anyway, it seems that I am going to have to park the van up for a few months as I am off on exercise Long Look.

I would appreciate any helpful advice from anyone who has been before and a few stories of your time there would be great to get a feel for what is required...apart from drinking and sunbathing:PDT_Xtremez_15:

Oh yeah right, helpful advice yer after eh? You just posted this to gloat you gloater you :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Know a few who have been all enjoyed it enormously. The last two from my place who went both PVR'd on return and emigrated soonest. One to Aus one to NZ. Never heard of anyone who did rate it very highly. To echo PSBM you jammy git.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Gents.

You Jammy Skinny little fekker - just go and enjoy it and try and get your lass and your boys down there too - just for a short look though; don't want them cramping your style. Watch for Junkie if you're off to NZ

You Jammy Skinny little fekker - just go and enjoy it and try and get your lass and your boys down there too - just for a short look though; don't want them cramping your style. Watch for Junkie if you're off to NZ

Ah Hu!! I knew that if I wanted a response with firm direction, you would be the man for the job!

Can't wait..I am going to try and get the family down there with me for a month.

hope all is well.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Bloke I work with went to Oz last year, joining the RAAF this year, says it all really, enjoy yourself geezer.:PDT_Xtremez_28:

delboy

SAC
my FS was telling me recently about his time on long look about 16 years ago he went, and he loved it. The hospitality from the work collegues famalies etc is second to none he says, very welcoming and that, bbqs every day and lots of travelling around. The only thing is that when them guys come to the UK, they are made to work for 4 months, but it isn't the case the other way round. Also why do seniors get all the best jobs.....:PDT_Xtremez_25:

It's just the RAF that limit it to seniors for some reason. The Army & Navy send any ranks on Longlook. Always wondered why we are different on this.

Gents. Top News!!

In a few trades this year they are allowing Cpls to go on long look. In my trade ( ATM) They have asked for volunteers from Cpls and above.

I am just wondering what I am going to be doing...I am a trade instructor, instructor of TMT, a Human Factors facilitator and lately heading up a trainee holding flight!! So god knows what my swapsy from Oz is going to be doing...TBH...I don't really care:PDT_Xtremez_27:...Sunshine here we come :-)

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Gents. Top News!!

In a few trades this year they are allowing Cpls to go on long look. In my trade ( ATM) They have asked for volunteers from Cpls and above.

I am just wondering what I am going to be doing...I am a trade instructor, instructor of TMT, a Human Factors facilitator and lately heading up a trainee holding flight!! So god knows what my swapsy from Oz is going to be doing...TBH...I don't really care:PDT_Xtremez_27:...Sunshine here we come :-)
We have a few IT issues at work so I'm not up to speed on Longlook this year. Have you got a list of those trades?

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Ok..A little gloating I admit :PDT_Xtremez_15:

I find out monday the details..I fancy going to NZ. Either is great. What is the huge difference??
One of them is a fcuk sight bigger and the other one is on 2 Islands - I thought you Riggers where supposed to be clever:PDT_Xtremez_42:

On the important stuff - you can get a decent pie in some parts of Australia

Last edited:
One of them is a fcuk sight bigger and the other one is on 2 Islands - I thought you Riggers where supposed to be clever:PDT_Xtremez_42:

You never have to look very far to find...just like your avatar...a Fecking smart arse!! ::P:

NFTR

SAC
...I am a trade instructor, instructor of TMT, a Human Factors facilitator and lately heading up a trainee holding flight!!

If you get NZ, odds on you will go to Woodbourne, near Blenheim (top of the south island [edited 'cause I'm a right biff]). It's the RNZAF's only training establishment, covering recruit, GST and Officer training. Bit chilly as well when you are going.

Last edited:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant

I think you'll find NZ is made up of three islands, North, South and a fcuk off huge West Island. No such place as Austrailia mate.

Have a great time when you get over here mate. Hope the weather stays fine for you, if you get Blenhiem it tends to have its own micro climate and is generally sunnier and warmer than the rest of NZ, Auckland is great its doesn't get a winter (not a proper one anyway) and if you get Ohakea, your fcuked.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
If you get NZ, odds on you will go to Woodbourne, near Blenheim (top of the north island). It's the RNZAF's only training establishment, covering recruit, GST and Officer training. Bit chilly as well when you are going.

I don't want to sound picky but, Blenheim is at the top of the South Island.

NFTR

SAC
I don't want to sound picky but, Blenheim is at the top of the South Island.

Flippin' eck. Must have been all that wine I guzzled around Marlborough. Apologies, yep, Woodbourne is the South Island. Ohakea and Whenuapai are the other 2 bases which are on the North island.

SgtScribbly

Corporal
congrats on getting LL it is supposed to be very good - however - very expensive as well

and the op is right, they were asking for Cpl as well and SNCOs in a couple of trades this time round, hopefully the few Cpl selected will do ell and they might expand it further next time

Back