• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Excel wizard needed

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
SB your cred as computer master and LITs guru is in tatters!:PDT_Xtremez_17: I will send Baz (the Master) across to give you some assistance:PDT_Xtremez_31: (PS I'm on my bike soon so Baz is all yours)

Don't you dare, I'll hunt you down and pond you..... LITS I can do, it's this MS bollox has me stumped !

I started with this:
=INT(A1)+(MOD(A1,1)*60/100) and also tried this
=INT(A1)+(MOD(A1,1)*100/60) but they're not playing ! :PDT_Xtremez_42:
Bloody Microtw@ts, it's a conspiracy ! :PDT_Xtremez_25:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Have you tried getting excel to add the zeros for you using format/number/2 decimal places before cutting and pasting to notepad?

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Have you tried getting excel to add the zeros for you using format/number/2 decimal places before cutting and pasting to notepad?

Changed the values mate.

Thank you everyone who tried to help, I am off home soon, 13 1/2 hours is enough for me. It's dark outside ! :PDT_Xtremez_17:

Last edited:
A

Albert Park

If your souce data is displayed as follows

2.45 etc

then do this:

replace all the '.' with ':'

open Excel

format a column as Number

From Data menu

Select-Import External Data-Import Data

Navigate to file containing data

Follow the wizard and choose a cell where you want to start entering data (the column you formatted as Number)

After the data has imported format the column as follows;

From Format menu

Select Cells-Custom

Scroll down until you see hh:mm and select it

Finally go to the bottom of you data and select the Autosum icon (like a sideways M on toolbar)

Voila.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Changed the values mate.

Thank you everyone who tried to help, I am off home soon, 13 1/2 hours is enough for me. It's dark outside ! :PDT_Xtremez_17:

Not if you paste to an unformatted spreadsheet and then copy off after adding the zeros.

Do you want to sent the figures to me? I have had a play with dummy numbers to work out the best way to help you and have got it to work this end.

ReluctantClerk

One Woman Mafiosa
Subscriber
SB

I tried some figs with one of your formulas and it works.

If you enter 4.25 in cell A1 then, your formula =INT(A1)+(MOD(A1,1)*100/60) in cell b1 it gives you the decimal i.e. 4.416666666 etc format to number 2 dec points. Drag formula down all adjacent cells to your original figures, below the last figure in Col B add all of Col B using the =SUM formula.

5 mins = 0.08
10 = 0.17
15= 0.25
20 = 0.33
25 = 0.42
30 = 0.50
35 = 0.58
40 = 0.67
45 = 0.75
50 = 0.84
55 = 0.92

The last bit isn't meant for egg sucking but obviously your total will be decimal not minutes - ooh takes me back to my Stats days this!!!!!!
:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
THanks for the help guys.
THe problem was
2 hours 45 minutes was exported as 2.45 not 2:45. All went well until we realised that they weren't decimal values, meaning we had lost a large amount of time. Thasnks for the offer Weebl, I missed that before logging out last night !

Nearly done. I used the auto filter on the time values. Change value in first box, copy into the others. It saved a load of time...

Back