• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ferrari considering an appeal

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
I have just read that Ferrari are considering lodging an appeal over Sunday race yes 4 days after the event. The appeal would site that Vetted overtook under yellow flag conditions.

Surely such an appeal should have been lodged sooner. Is this just Ferrari trying to calm Alonso.

This is not about the offence but about the delay in registering the appeal.

Seemingly they have until
Tomorrow to lodge a formal appeal. I have to say the footage does appear to show Vettel overtaking JEV on a yellow.

Would be a bit of a bitter end to the season though.

briggfairy

Sergeant
it would be another strange end to the season however if he undertook under yellows then he has sailed too close to the wind again i just hope it won't drag on too long

P

pie sandwich

Ferrari don't need to lodge an appeal, from what I can make out on the FIA as long as someone brings it to the attention of the stewards then it will be investigated.
Also why would Ferrari appeal, they were not related to the overtaking manoeuvre, but Torro Rosso ain't going to appeal since they are Red Bulls sister team.

I would love it if someone did lodge a complaint and the boxhead lost the title, and Iam NOT a Ferrari fan either.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
I have to say the footage does appear to show Vettel overtaking JEV on a yellow.

A solid yellow light, which is not the same as a yellow flag.

Flashing yellow light = yellow flag.

Solid yellow light = yellow and red flag, slippery surface (but you are still allowed to overtake.

The only other thing they could be appealing is something the stewards had already looked at and that is he had a yellow light on his steering wheel when he overtook (the lap 4 incident) but in the same video that shows it you can see a marshal waving a green flag. According to F1 regulations a marshal waving a flag takes precedent over a steering wheel light.

I am not a massive Vettel fan, I think his waggy finger annoys me, but I am pretty sure he is OK here.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
The video is on the bbc site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638

It's a flashing yellow and starts at the last corner before the climb up the hill.

As well as an overtake he didn't lift off the throttle either.

Cool, had not seen that view, ta.

There is still the marshal post between the flashing yellow and then the green light though, the footage does not show it but if they were waving green then the green zone starts there. That footage alone is not enough to hang him, they will need to prove that the marshal was not waving green (and then ask him why he witnessed an overtake in a yellow and did nothing about it)

He will get away with not lifting the throttle because he will be demonstrably slower than on previous laps there because of the slippery surface.

G

grumpyoldb

Kobayashi could be on his way to Lotus aka Renault to replace Crashjean.................

Kamui Kobayashi could be off to Lotus next season replacing Romain Grosjean as the team seeks a more 'stable' driver. A stellar season for Lotus saw lead driver Kimi Raikkonen claim the Abu Dhabi race win and also finish third in the Drivers' Championship. But it is the team's finishing position in the Constructors' Championship that really counts as that determines how much money they are awarded at the end of the season. Lotus finished fourth, which is reportedly ten million US dollars less than third.

As Lotus' Gerald Lopez explained to Finland's Turun Sanomat: "Kimi comes at a cost to us, but on the other hand he helps us to more successful in the manufacturers' standings, bringing even more money to the team."
Grosjean, though, comes at a cost to the team as the Frenchman netted less than half Raikkonen's 207 points, largely due to his own errors and his Italian GP ban.

As such, Lotus are believed to be looking around with Kobayashi linked to the team in what Lotus reportedly believe would be a "stable partnership".

Kobayashi, who has started a website to raise sponsorship, was left without a 2013 race seat after Sauber opted to sign Esteban Gutierrez as Nico Hulkenberg's team-mate.

Looks a good swap to me.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Excepting Massa, Koby was the only one who actually didn't pull over and let Vettel past!