• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hand luggage

got my flight details, just like advice on how you take all kit that you have to as hand luggage, can you use a rucksack or is that too big

M

monobrow

I take it your going to play in the sand? The easiest way is to wear it.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
All you need in hand luggage is a sleeping bag, wash kit and towel, pair of flip flops, spare socks and shreds and something to keep you occupied for 10 hours. Wouldn't actually wear your lid as Mono suggets as you'll look a bit of a dill.

D

DrunkenMonki

Unless you get stuck in aki for 3 days. I did, with only one set of spare shreddies. Toga parties all round!

I personally use the infantry patrol pack, a bit bigger than a normal school style rucksack. I can fit a change of civvi's in there too then, makes life more bearable.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Unless you get stuck in aki for 3 days. I did, with only one set of spare shreddies. Toga parties all round!

I personally use the infantry patrol pack, a bit bigger than a normal school style rucksack. I can fit a change of civvi's in there too then, makes life more bearable.

They can be turned inside out at least twice :pDT_Xtremez_31:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Inside out and back to front I think you will find - so thats four days - plenty for any unannounced stop overs...

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I usually use the black rucksack thing they issue. Lightweight sleeping bag in the bottom compartment, small wash kit, clean shreddies, socks etc and a small hand towel. Books&mp3 player. Fits in nicely.

Hot Shoes

Corporal
Inside out and back to front I think you will find - so thats four days - plenty for any unannounced stop overs...

Save all that nonsense, place a piece of bodge tape in your skids, replace tape daily, hey presto 1 pair can last a whole det:D :D

Don't follow the 1st aid advice of placing the 2nd piece of tape over the 1st to stop seepage, you look a right fool on day 10 with a rectangular protrusion from behind

Last edited:
Cheers for the info, but I have just been told that I am no longer off to the sandpit but am now off to MPA, Psf got the signal in jan but I have only now been told