• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hernia Bar name

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Used to call them either Hernia Bars or Grolly Bars. Did a Google search for Grolly Bar and it asked me if I meant Golly Bar :PDT_Xtremez_42:
Decided not to pursue that any further.

Lamptramp

An ex-DF - in dog rescue!
GEM will bear me out, but "Hernia Bars" were used to fit and remove centre line tanks on the Phantoms. They looked like a pair of specs with one lens
as in -o- . One on each end of the tank and troops on either bar "lift n lock" or unlock and b@ger its full of fuel!

What I think you lot of newbies are calling a hernia bar is for removing tight or impossible fasteners, right? We used to call then a "rigger-out" - a la easy-out.

hernia bars

hernia bars

give 99 sqn tool stores a ring when i was there i lpo'd a selection off the company owner who was a sooty on 216 they also have all the documentation reqd to purchase replacement bits as reqd

J

Jcpenny

Hi people sorry it took so long to get back to you. There are 2 types of hernia bar available now, one with curved bar and the normal straight one. I beleieve these 2 NSN's will get the whole lot in one box.

Straight = 5180-99-7243759

Curved bar = 5180-99-8833316

Once again sorry for the delay hope they help.

JC

Back