• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hot Stuff

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Right geeks (Sorry... clever useful people that know about computers)

Does anyone know the correct operating temperature range of a Celeron Dual Core E1200?

Mine's sitting at 85 deg and shutting down as soon as it tries to load windows.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
thats very hot mate try running with your tower sides off, you will need some extra cooling methinks.

mines at 51

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anything over 65 is a bit too hot. Should be somewhere between 45-55 degrees.

M

Moz_Magister

I believe the official recommended numbers are 5 to 35° C

but it's obviously going to run a little higher in the real world.

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
Can you see if the fan is working.

If it appears not to be working nip down to maplin and pick up a new fan and fit it 20 min job at most.

G

grumpyoldb

Clear out the dust from the cooling veigns under the fan. It works wonders.
I give mine a quick cleaning with the hose extension on the vac once a month.

I've also fitted an extra cooling fan at the front of the case.

I have four internal HDD's fitted and it runs cool enough.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Clear out the dust from the cooling veigns under the fan. It works wonders.
I give mine a quick cleaning with the hose extension on the vac once a month.

I've also fitted an extra cooling fan at the front of the case.

I have four internal HDD's fitted and it runs cool enough.

ARE YOU SAYING MY PC'S DIRTY???? lol

No it's a new build and I've not used a dual core chip before so wasn't sure about the nomal operating temp.

I like the sound of that arctic cooler thing

Cheers

P

pie sandwich

TURN OFF PC NOW

get the heat sink off the CPU and put a thin film of thermal paste on the CPU then refit the heat sink, but make sure it is clean before you reapply the paste.

Buy the best paste you can find, it will make a massive difference to the heat transference from CPU to heatsink

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think that could be the problem the pre done bit seemed a little more sparse than normal. Does t make that much difference? Surely a physical contact is better.

You will never get a perfect fit of CPU and heatsink, even if it is only micro-mms. Air is not a very good conductor of heat, hence the thermal paste fills those gaps.... ( a techie would know that... :PDT_Xtremez_42:)

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
TURN OFF PC NOW

get the heat sink off the CPU and put a thin film of thermal paste on the CPU then refit the heat sink, but make sure it is clean before you reapply the paste.

Buy the best paste you can find, it will make a massive difference to the heat transference from CPU to heatsink

Oh it's not been on whilst researching problem I guessed that 85 wasn't good for it.

off to the geek shop tomorrow...lol

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It begs the question what kind of cowboy builds a PC system without thermal paste in between the CPU and heatsink?

I'd never be so gash! :PDT_Xtremez_17:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It begs the question what kind of cowboy builds a PC system without thermal paste in between the CPU and heatsink?

I'd never be so gash! :PDT_Xtremez_17:

Whoa there pardner any more cussin like that and I'll get off this horse and drink some best sippin liquor in the saloon before runnin you out of town with the sherriff::P:

There was a bit already on the HS although like I say a little sparse...

NFTR

SAC
I'd recommend one of these for a Core 2 Duo. Budget range but very good quality, very quiet. It comes with decent thermal paste already applied to the bottom of the heatsink: Arctic Cooling Alpine 7 Pro

If you are not overclocking, this is a good buy. Way better than the stock Intel HSF's.

P

pie sandwich

Thats nowt you should get what Ive got HERE its a bit bigger than a square pint milk carton

Back