• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How are PVR's affecting where you work?

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Thats quality tashy, but how long before the fun police jump on it ?:PDT_Xtremez_42:

They can jump on whatever they like, as i've said before the truth always hurts !!

Crack on...................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

8 Months 2 Days left in the Circus (not that i'm counting)

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Repost....

Repost....

The original was removed by the MOD's because apparently my image was showing and they though it would cause a stampede of women so they removed it for my health......anyways here they are are again slightly altered !!

View attachment 2043

View attachment 2044

Crack on................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:

Northern Monkey

Corporal
The original was removed by the MOD's because apparently my image was showing and they though it would cause a stampede of women so they removed it for my health......anyways here they are are again slightly altered !!

View attachment 2043

View attachment 2044

Crack on................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Looks like your PVR stock is running low TM! Have you done another stock check yet with the stackers??! :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Looks like your PVR stock is running low TM! Have you done another stock check yet with the stackers??! :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Did a stock check this afternoon but only one left on station. Said i needed it for a lost soul but apparently they had to keep it "just in case someone else need it"

Oh well.......8 months and a day to go.........

Crack on...................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
one month on and worse still, I now have replacement CPL's who have never seen a harrier before in there life, all of the Navy have PVR'd which isn't a bad thing but thats half the manpower, 7 AEM's (sac's but not as good ). 3 SAC have also PVR'd seems they don't see any future staying in? I now have more CPL's than producers! yet BAE in the hanger seem to have lots of HAPPY well payed, experienced blokes, I wonder where they came from? it's a absolute f**kin joke.

T

typhoontool

I recently PVR'd from the RAF and went to BAE thinking that I would have to work for a living..... how wrong was I, its diabolical things are so slow I'm bored out of my mind, so when I bumped into another ex-raf he said well you have upto 12 months to go back in if you dont like it, this sparked hope. Does anyone know if this is true or is he just winding me up I've asked the other ex-raf guys independantly and they confirm this if so I want out of this hell hole and get back to real work.

God I wish I hadnt PVR'd

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
God I wish I hadnt PVR'd

Cynical mode ON....

OK which airships brilliant idea was this ? I know chaps i've thought of a great way to stop everyone PVR'ing, lets say it's really boring out in civvy st and if you get to work for BAE you don't even have to work.......that'll stop them leaving in droves I'm sure it will !!

Cynical mode OFF

Only my opinion but what a pile of pants.

Crack on...........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

D

DrunkenMonki

I recently PVR'd from the RAF and went to BAE thinking that I would have to work for a living..... how wrong was I, its diabolical things are so slow I'm bored out of my mind, so when I bumped into another ex-raf he said well you have upto 12 months to go back in if you dont like it, this sparked hope. Does anyone know if this is true or is he just winding me up I've asked the other ex-raf guys independantly and they confirm this if so I want out of this hell hole and get back to real work.

God I wish I hadnt PVR'd

Get down your local AFCO, they'll put you straight.

A

Almost_done

I want out of this hell hole and get back to real work.

God I wish I hadnt PVR'd

Well I want out of this hell hole and to get to some proper work, where I actually can control assets, make engineering decisions and not try to second guess what the self serving management want to do tomorrow to further their careers and not upset the boss in the next level of their reporting chain.

God I am glad I PVR'd.

T

typhoontool

Guess I'll have to ring personnel administration because you guys were a whole lot of help. I wasnt saying it was boring in civvy street because lets face it theres no extra duties, but when you have to spend all day looking busy because there isnt any work it makes work a whole lot difficult, and you think that problems stop when you leave the RAF, I didnt get paid for two months recently remind you of something (JPA)? My boss is worst than the worst warrant officer you have ever met, oh and you thought postings stopped in the RAF? WRONG!!! My mate got shipped off to BAE Salmesbury production line making fins all day I've never seen someone be dragged out of work before screaming as if they were being sent to the funny farm.

So if anyone does know if what I've been told is true please answer, if you dont and you just want a pop keep it to yourself.

:PDT_Xtremez_34:

T

typhoontool

Just spoke to personnel administration and yes it is true if you come back within 6 months your JPA stays live and you walk back into your old posting. Something tells me manning levels are critical oh well I'm off to my afco again.

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
PVR'd 11 months to go, can't wait. I'm prepared to take the risk of managing my own career, happy to stand on me own merits and not be a second class citizen within an organisation, or have someone else take credit for my best work.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Although the shortages in my department arent down to PVR's its still critical manning here.

out of seven staff on the books when I returned to UK on 16 Mar 07, I was back at work within one week because I couldnt take any leave :( , the following are MIA somewhere

1 Sgt Terminal leave, no replacement expected this year!
1 Cpl OOA, not expected back until 20 Aug
1 x civvie, Hours cut from 12 days a month to 2! (thanks penny pinchers!)
1 x civvie, Post vacant, and never been filled
1 Cpl supposed to be loaned one week a month, hasnt done a day all year, now going OOA
1 E1 Civvie, Due to retire In May, so switching off, managed to convince her to stay till Aug

the only remaining member of staff is me!

S

s'gone

i PVR'ed in 2005 and it was the best thing i ever did.

dont get me wrong, we have some of the same problems in the civilian world, like critical manning, overwork, no spares, but when your shift is over, you go home.

if they are short of license cover, and ask you to come in on your days off, you have a choice!! you can say 'Poke it', or you can say 'Its gonna cost you!!!'

i get paid more, and trust me all you air rankers that think more money wouldnt help, i can assure you it does!!! £20k a year more, for less work less responsibility, no PT sessions, no SSGF, GDT, IRT, IDT, CCS, RAFFT, HAT, SH-IT, prper expenses and hotels if you go away(and no sharing either) £350 plus a day to do a shift on overtime!!

Show me the way to the AFCO!!! I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Well I want out of this hell hole and to get to some proper work, where I actually can control assets, make engineering decisions and not try to second guess what the self serving management want to do tomorrow to further their careers and not upset the boss in the next level of their reporting chain.

God I am glad I PVR'd.
Where you going to do that then?

B&Q or Focus?
:PDT_Xtremez_30: :PDT_Xtremez_30: :PDT_Xtremez_30: :PDT_Xtremez_28:

N

Nutty Bird

undermanning.....................we've had 5 leave in the last 4 months, then we're told the RAF are cutting, yes cutting our manning levels from around 2000 to 1422 in the next year!!!!! Somebody help me!!!!!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
undermanning.....................we've had 5 leave in the last 4 months, then we're told the RAF are cutting, yes cutting our manning levels from around 2000 to 1422 in the next year!!!!! Somebody help me!!!!!

Look for the green sign that says EXIT......follow the crowd !!!

Crack on..............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

A

Almost_done

Where you going to do that then?

B&Q or Focus?
:PDT_Xtremez_30: :PDT_Xtremez_30: :PDT_Xtremez_30: :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Thanks for the kind thoughts regarding my employability outside the RAF. However don't base my future work on your personal expectations. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

I am going to work for a MRO based in the UK and they have been holding the vacancy open for me for a substantial period of time, due to the stupid PVR waiting times.

Back