• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How did you find out about E-goat

I'd heard a load of guys talking about it at my previous post but never really looked into it, then I got posted in to the the famous Fighting 591st and had sight of it on a regular basis.
Figured most users seemed pretty genuine and had to laugh at some of the posts so created my own account.

Fenman

LAC
Never heard of it until I saw it mentioned on ARRSE,Riggerchief's introduction amused me as I joined in 46 and retired in 71, are there any of my age group around? [83 and a bit].

gismo1955

LAC
How i found out about E-Goat

How i found out about E-Goat

Just came a cross it one day when i was searching on the internet.
I left the RAF about 13 years ago, was a Aircraft techy, work in computers now.
miss the chaps, and the chat, among a lot of other things

I found out about e-goat

I found out about e-goat

Whwn putting a young aircrew right about the difference between an Albatross and an Eagle. He said it was an eagle and I said it was an Albatross. The ensuing search ont' tinternet led to this site.

"It's an eagle indicating the way that the air force looks down on the enemy ..."
"It's an albatross because you always have to watch your six o'clock, (particularly as a young airmen when trying to avoid the SWO!)

How I found out about E-Goat

I was told about this site by a couple of work mates when I was trying to get my head around SJARs.

As a member of Navy Net, 22yrs service in Submarine, I used to pop in to have a look around. I liked what I saw and decided to join. Also I used to help with the Combined Services Junior Rugby team, for a few years before I left the mob in '96, on their annual visit to South Wales and liked the RAF personnel I met.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
As a member of Navy Net, 22yrs service in Submarine, I used to pop in to have a look around. I liked what I saw and decided to join. Also I used to help with the Combined Services Junior Rugby team, for a few years before I left the mob in '96, on their annual visit to South Wales and liked the RAF personnel I met.

Welcome to the Goat, have you got used to the sun again? Get posting.

Last edited:

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant

Welcome! Did you find the Golden Rivet whilst in subs? :star:

fozza

LAC
How I found out about E-goat..

How I found out about E-goat..

I've been on the site for a while now just never posted anything before, in fact this is my second time as I couldn't remember my original username let alone the password, so I just re-registered anyhow I heard it about from me mates as I was banging on about the cold war and one of em mentioned they’d seen posters and stuff about it this e-Goat website so there I went and here I am.

G

Gord

There was mention of AARSE on another site I belong to, mainly RN with a couple or three of us ex crabs aboard so I decided to take a look at AARSE and then noticed the E-GOAT heading so here I am.

I'm sure anyone here would be welcome aboard my most frequently visited site, www.lostoppos.com but be prepared for a bit of inter-service banter.

They're a good bunch of lads, even if they are matelots:biggrin::biggrin: and we generally have a couple of runs ashore each year, one in April the other in September.

Seeing as how I live in Canada, I don't get to attend too often but the ones I have attended are good old fashioned weekend p!ss ups, beginning on Friday and winding up on Sunday and the venue varies as to the geographical location within the UK. I believe the next one takes place in Weymouth.

RAF to Offshore

RAF to Offshore

Afternoon to all,

Served 15 years as trade Gp 5 Lecky, in my last few months now, so busily looking to start something new.
Hoping to get into the Oil & Gas Industry as an electrician and thought what better way then trying to network through this great network forum.

Just putting the feelers out here if there any guys working offshore and could point us in the right direction as I know it's such a tight knitted community.

Apart from that, happy half past week to everyone

Hass

LAC
Re: How I found out about E-goat

Re: How I found out about E-goat

I find the forum via google. I have just joined 600 Sqn RAuxAF, as I was invited to join as a SME. I wanted to find out about the syllabus for the 2 week reserve course at Halton which I start on the 4th of next month. This site is very helpful.