• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you employ your AMMs

How do you employ your AMMs

• Total voters

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Incorrect.

They can, as Tashy says, sign any task (obviously taking into account restrictions on their auths and 'J' code stuff) but only with 100% supervision.

Trade assistance manhours should be claimed by the supervisor so if they were 'trade assist' their name would not be on the jobcard anyway.
I stand corrected but It does raise an issue. If they are 100% supervised then that supervision must be done by a JNCO at least (as an SAC(T)/JT self supervisor can only supervise himself). If its 100% supervision then the supervisor cannot do any part of the task because his job is supervising the AMM 100% of the time, which in essence means you are allowing an untrained man to do the task and using 2 blokes to do a 1 man job, either that or the AMM is "Assisting"

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I stand corrected but I hope you lot have trained them how to do it correctly 'cos the school didn't

Isn't that the whole point of them being 100% supervised as we know they have no trade knowledge ?

Crack on....................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
I stand corrected but I hope you lot have trained them how to do it correctly 'cos the school didn't

Which is why they HAVE to have 100% supervision.

It would be unfair on them to expect them to go out and do a Rigger or a Fairy job when they have not had the training (as well as unsafe and bloody stupid) but if we have the capacity then we get them doing trade.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Would I be correct in saying AMM's can undersign any trade heavy or light ?

Who signs what? Seems the rules get a interpreted differently depending upon which unit, which squadron or even which TM they have. Chatting to the returning AMM's some have been employed just as lineys others have done loads of trade work and many factors come into play available bods, current task loading, shift manpower numbers etc.

For the undersign bit you'll have Capt Slog spitting feathers with comments like that.

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
For the undersign bit you'll have Capt Slog spitting feathers with comments like that.

Well bring him on !!......When i left AMM's were routinely being used as "tradesmen" but 100% supervised.......myself i can't see a problem but then again i'm not there now !!!

Crack on.........................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

B

BigVern

I am sure on TMT they told us AMMs could undersign tasks across all 4 trades. Obviously with supervision and they are unable to sign Y codes etc etc.

4 Trades? There are only 2 trades and plumers now. AMMs can work either AV or Mech and have 1st Sig in both (dependent on Auths). Don't under-estimate these kids. Train them up and keep them busy. If they are sat in the TV room, don't complain about not having enough tradesmen................................

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
We dont have any AMM's and never have.
At our place Cpl's, and even now and again Sgt's, are lineys!
What a wonderful world...........................:PDT_Xtremez_30:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well the AAMs we have on shift are good hard working lads (90%) and they get involved with trade quite a lot , yes 100% Supervision but thats the only way they are going to have a decent trade knowledge when returning to Tossford. others shifts I know employ as AAMs only , guess its down to management in the end. But on the heavy desk its not uncommon to have a couple of supervisors on shift an SAC and a couple of AAMs as the heavy recs team although they are never unsupervised.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
You don't have an option for voting "we don't have any AMM's" They won't send them here !!

Which obviously means you can't take part in a thread that is titled "How do you employ your AMMs".....you aint got none, therefore you don't employ them, therefore feck off......

FFS some people......

Crack on.................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

So as a CIVVY; You employ yours how? Quit bumping your gums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back