• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ISHD threat

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Like it says on the section title "Persec and Opsec are priority ONE."

We Brits (I hope) are quite good at OPSEC and PERSEC our septic cousins maybe less so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lishes-kill-list-military-members-online.html

ISHD (Islamic State hacking Division) claim to have hacked numerous US military servers and data bases to obtain details of the people in their published list of 100 US service personnel. The US authorities counter claim is that most of it was either open source or it was gleaned from social media. How much is out there in social media about each of us?

Last edited:

briggfairy

Sergeant
**** loads.. Because young people who use social media are fcukwits.

I'd actually argue that it's the older generation who didn't grow up with the tinterweb are more likely to give information away.

that said anyone who posts everything they do on faceache needs to be aware that everyone can see it forerver

G

Gord

I'd actually argue that it's the older generation who didn't grow up with the tinterweb are more likely to give information away.

that said anyone who posts everything they do on faceache needs to be aware that everyone can see it forerver

It's bad enough that I get all sort of sh!te via email from wankers I don't know, or want to know, offering me the opportunity to make a pile of cash smuggling various large sums out of various places in the world, all for the price of my banking details, without publishing all sorts of personal info on sites like faceache.

I never use faceache, i tried it and was inundated with tw@ts I don't know and don't want to know, requesting to be my friend. I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS other than a few mates from my days in the mob and one or two folk I have met through work and I kinda like it that way. OK, so I would include an ex neighbour of mine in that list but he too is ex military, Brit' army. I am more that happy to be friendly towards anyone but FRIENDS are few and far between and I think it takes a long time to develop a true friendship, not a five minute splash in the internet pond on the likes of faceache.

This site is like all sites for ex military inasmuch as it allows you to stay in contact with like minded people without necessarily having to feel you have to expose your innermost feelings, nor is it requested, whereas faceache seems to encourage total openness on everything in your life. Who needs government email spies when you have sites like that.

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Cold war warriors have an understanding of persec in a way that the facetube generation couldn't even fathom.

Couldn't agree more. Were that not the case Edward Snowden would have the public status of the Kim Philby and not Robin Hood.