• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laptop help please!!

• Thread starter Thread starter mumof4
  • Start date Start date

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Umm..No floppy drive..The error message is all i get.

Sorry fomz..aint gonna claim on the house insurance.I know thats whayt its there for, Anything technical i try and fix myself.

Shame about the no floppy drive, follow the advice about recovery console or switch it on and press F8 about once a second, it should prompt you and ask do you want to go to safe mode, enter safe mode and run the system restore from there(providing it goes into safe mode).

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Shame about the no floppy drive, follow the advice about recovery console or switch it on and press F8 about once a second, it should prompt you and ask do you want to go to safe mode, enter safe mode and run the system restore from there(providing it goes into safe mode).

Post #4 says it won't go into safe mode......

G

grumpyoldb

Umm..No floppy drive..The error message is all i get.

Sorry fomz..aint gonna claim on the house insurance.I know thats whayt its there for, Anything technical i try and fix myself.

I've got a spare XP recovery disc.
PM me if you need it. Don't want now't fer it.

They are available on ebay for around £4-99 buy now.

M

monobrow

entered this one a bit late.... The XP disk will sort your woes... it always sorts the missing file crap. You can try booting from a USB stick, but never actually bothered doing it and copying the corrupt file. XP disk is easier though!

Hope she got "schooled" for snapping disks and throwing laptops. Sounds like a fem-PS in the making there!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
entered this one a bit late.... The XP disk will sort your woes... it always sorts the missing file crap. You can try booting from a USB stick, but never actually bothered doing it and copying the corrupt file. XP disk is easier though!

Hope she got "schooled" for snapping disks and throwing laptops. Sounds like a fem-PS in the making there!

Agree with all you have said EXCEPT i hope you have taught her the value of items like laptops....I have a computer that i made for the kids from bits i had on the shelf..whenever they miss-treat it (bang the keyboard, turn off with out following proper protocols) they get banned from use depending on how severe the action is depends how long they dont get it.....seems to work well.

Teach them early..... (oh btw mine are 12 and 7......and the 7 year old is better with it !!!)

Crack on................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

M

mumof4

Oh yes, shes been told.all my kids use my pc and the youngest 2 use it better than my eldest does.and my youngest are 5 and 3.Frightening really as my 5 year old knows more than me!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Back