• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laptop screen u/s.......

riggrrrr

SAC
riggrrrr - thought of opening a can of coke at some point whilst working on the laptop? It's strange how when these things go wrong coke can accidentally find its way onto the motherboard? :PDT_Xtremez_19:

Lol, I did check our contents insurance as soon as it happened, however, our excess is more than the cost of a new laptop!

ScoobTech

Sergeant
And you will be suprised how easy it is replace the internals of a laptop can be changed. I thought my missuses dell was going to be a new laptop when the mainboard failed. How wrong I was, guy came round and it took less than 15mins to change. So it needs to be properly killed off, and hopefully they don't read e-goat.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Lol, I did check our contents insurance as soon as it happened, however, our excess is more than the cost of a new laptop!
Well in that case you're paying far too much on your excess... I've just had a claim for a 2 1/2 grand camcorder accepted and paid out (with More Than), the excess was 50 quid; annual premium is somewhere in the region of 200 quid (building and contents). It's all very well bringing down the actual main premium by increasing the excess but when the excess exceeds the cost of replacing a major household item there really is no point in paying the premium in the first place.

Last edited:
Back