• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mixed Board cpl-sgt Av

worthers

LAC
I do think it's been a case of lets get these old SAC(T) promoted to show the system worked. I would like to know what the pre-brief was to the boarders as this would probably shine a whole new light on whats gone on, I'm guessing this would never come to light.

A

auchtermuchty

Dont know what his training was but we were JT's together on the sqn 3 years ago, then I got my tapes and posted away.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I do think it's been a case of lets get these old SAC(T) promoted to show the system worked. I would like to know what the pre-brief was to the boarders as this would probably shine a whole new light on whats gone on, I'm guessing this would never come to light.
I reckon that story is a bit worn out now. How's about some of the remaining JT's wise up - you are great JT's ...................................................................

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Took part in a PSB last year. 32 candidates (9A and 23C no Bs) - Informed by Staff Officer to seek 17 for promotion. Ended up selecting only 12 (5A and 7C), some of which had only 2 full F6000. Sent back to review further, but again declined to select anymore. This was Cpl to Sgt. BUT THE ONES WHO WERE SELECTED WERE EXCEPTIONAL, OUTSTANDING, INSPIRATIONAL... get the drift?
You've really got to want it nowadays.

By the way - THERE IS NO PRE-BRIEF TO THE PSB!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Slightly off topic.... but I know of armourers who have got there third with only 3 sets of assesments. All ex JT Cpls though....

I know a Plumber who got his 3rd after only 12 years! That's the quickest I've witnessed personally in our trade. He had 3 assessments as a Cpl I think.:PDT_Xtremez_31:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I reckon that story is a bit worn out now. How's about some of the remaining JT's wise up - you are great JT's ...................................................................

Agreed Hu, I know we've all done it to death on the Goat, but to be honest, bar maybe a few individuals (I know a couple) most of the remaining JTs are still JTs for one reason....

They aren't worth promoting.

Tin hat on...:PDT_Xtremez_32:

As an ex JT myself I think the "SAC's being picked ahead of me" line is wearing a bit thin. I did witness this appear to happen back in 2004 when the first SAC's were becoming eligible, but many of those not picked up then are still wearing their Merc badges now.

As for getting picked up for Snec after 3 assesments, I thought you had to have four to even be eligible? Not that i'm gonna worry about it. After deciding to sign on again I think my "I'm getting out soon" attitude will have set me back a few years.

Well unless I brush up on my fellatio technique, although with most of my current management being Trogs, I suspect crawling round on all fours wearing a wooly jumper would be more successfull :PDT_Xtremez_42:

D

da i ddim

as for the last remaining jt not good enough for promotion.
you can stick that where the sun dont shine.

i'm doing the work of a cpl in my bay when i have two cpl's there already one of which has far less time than i have far less experience, knowledge bla bla bla.
but worst of all i have to get him to oversign my work. how demening is that. jt's are being descriminated or even a form of racism agains us by the raf.

we are the ones who would like to say in, unlike sac(t) once they get their tapes dont sign on cause they dont like it anymore. shed a tear.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

i'm doing the work of a cpl in my bay when i have two cpl's there already one of which has far less time than i have far less experience, knowledge bla bla bla.
but worst of all i have to get him to oversign my work. how demening is that. jt's are being descriminated or even a form of racism agains us by the raf.

we are the ones who would like to say in, unlike sac(t) once they get their tapes dont sign on cause they dont like it anymore. shed a tear.

Is this post a wind up? :PDT_Xtremez_31:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is this post a wind up? :PDT_Xtremez_31:

No, just typical uninformed ramblings from bitter and twisted individuals.

Apparently having a different rank badge to everyone else makes you some sort of super-tradesman.

Fcuk it, they can have the RAF, promote them all I say.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek

So from that I take it you can't be @rsed/trusted to self supervise then? I really can't understand why they havn't snapped you up for a commission............................................

D

da i ddim

as for com...
cant bring myself to say it

please only feck wits who cant use a spanner go for commision its like buying a ferrari over compensating or something

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
as for com...
cant bring myself to say it

please only feck wits who cant use a spanner go for commision its like buying a ferrari over compensating or something

You mean like Sir Francis Whittle? Oh yeah, of course, you know best.

Back