• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MJDI

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
More Land units are converting every single working day - Air have to wait for the next big upgrade (Rel 5.2) due by end Mar (See Dad Widowmaker's post), the Air Unit migration plan is being developed as is the user conversion training plan.

Kim Wipe

Corporal
Had a quick play on it and.........it's interesting! Some for the better, however some of the additions sound bizarre, unless they were all introduced at the Army's request and it can be turned off for RAF operators?

And on the fuels notw, I hear it may not be able to account for temperatures? Anyone know if this is true? On a bonus note, I asked, and the Trade sponsor confirmed a course for BFIS is in the pipeline!

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Had a quick play on it and.........it's interesting! Some for the better, however some of the additions sound bizarre, unless they were all introduced at the Army's request and it can be turned off for RAF operators?

Depends on what bits you are talking about - don't forget MJDI is not just a new/upgraded IT system; it is also all about having a common business process across all 3 services. Not all the new things are Army requests, some are RN and some (strange as it may seem) are RAF requests. TG18 will have to change some of its long estalished processes just the same as the Army & the RN Jack Dusties are having to change some of theirs. When you get your conversion training DO listen & learn; DON'T assume that you know it all already, no matter how long you've been in the trade....... Lecture mode off... but as someone (Bob Dylan?) once sang " The Times they are a changing...."

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte

And on the fuels notw, I hear it may not be able to account for temperatures? Anyone know if this is true? On a bonus note, I asked, and the Trade sponsor confirmed a course for BFIS is in the pipeline!

The old transactions on USAS for posting F222s never accounted for temperature IIRC.

A BFIS course? Really? Was told that in 2004 & 2009 on my Fuels Managers course. I'll believe it when I see it.

It would be nice though. Can MTDs & DFFS personnel go on it too? Hope so, just spent an afternoon explaining to SNCO AFMT why he had a deficit of 12.5 million litres in his 11 bowsers & it was never picked up in 4 years by DFG/DFFS.

Also a GFMS

Kim Wipe

Corporal
The additions I've heard of which make me wonder are, the issue of returning serial numbered P & L stock. Is it true you have to return the same serial number issued, then do the relevant auditable transactions once it is on the site to change it across to the U/S serial number being returned? The other one that has been mentioned is that all transactions will have to be approved by the JNCO before they can take place. Auditable vouchers I can understand, but if the same is true for DNN/DNR's etc it seems a tad ott.

Hopefully this course will finally show up. Struggled enough myself when first introduced to it!

You can lock a operator right down to only entering a DNR but not accept a solution or you can give them more roles and more freedom its up to the UAA

Robby

Corporal
Mjdi r5

Mjdi r5

The additions I've heard of which make me wonder are, the issue of returning serial numbered P & L stock. Is it true you have to return the same serial number issued, then do the relevant auditable transactions once it is on the site to change it across to the U/S serial number being returned? The other one that has been mentioned is that all transactions will have to be approved by the JNCO before they can take place. Auditable vouchers I can understand, but if the same is true for DNN/DNR's etc it seems a tad ott.

I understand your concerns/thoughts but I think it is really good as it allows MJDI to mirror LITS/Gold or whatever eng management tool your Unit uses. it may mean more embodiement/disembodiement but this is also automated to an extent so reducing the workload. On initial migration some effort is goig to be required but I reckon within 6 months we'll be all over it! The real issue will be the change from 'Serv' to A1 or A2 I see lots of DR's/QOR's initially but again nothing we can't overcome. As for teh JNCO approval- this is purely a permission issue and Units can configure as required to meet your units requirements - MJDI does not recognise rank only permissions. Roll on April!

Kim Wipe

Corporal
I understand your concerns/thoughts but I think it is really good as it allows MJDI to mirror LITS/Gold or whatever eng management tool your Unit uses. it may mean more embodiement/disembodiement but this is also automated to an extent so reducing the workload. On initial migration some effort is goig to be required but I reckon within 6 months we'll be all over it! The real issue will be the change from 'Serv' to A1 or A2 I see lots of DR's/QOR's initially but again nothing we can't overcome. As for teh JNCO approval- this is purely a permission issue and Units can configure as required to meet your units requirements - MJDI does not recognise rank only permissions. Roll on April!

I think my concerns are more than of a relatively inexperienced and educated user and since posting I have heard a lot of good things about it. I suppose there will always be elements that won't please everyone but neither did the earlier releases and they became a very very good system! I'm intrigued to see how joint logs will work. Will it be a fairly straight forward learning of new phrasing for the RAF or is the training package comprehensive?

UlsterExile

Sergeant
The point I will try and make is that, we will have it relativley easy. As we understand the system, think of the poor old Army mongs its completly ailien to them and they are already being told off for ringfencing stock as they seem to think its theirs.

Robby

Corporal
Surprise, Surprise!

Surprise, Surprise!

they are already being told off for ringfencing stock as they seem to think its theirs.

No, never I didnt see that coming! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

It would be so much easier if they worked to the JSP and not the whims of the FOWO, BOWO or DOWO of the day! Can't wait to see the rumoured Tri Service Inspection programme fall out of this!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
One for Robby!

One for Robby!

You know when a PT cancels a demand for a Land managed item & it completely removes all details from MJDI & when you eventually get the Supply Response you can't find out who originally demanded it & you then want to drive to Bicester & punch the fat civvy in the face?

Will R5 stop this from happening?

Hope so...

geekcubed

LAC
You can already find the original demand details, go to Oracle Discoverer, select the demands or dues areas and look for the "SATISFIED" filter option. If you select Satisfied = Y then you will see all closed demands, including those cancelled by the PT. Look for the last Progression text to see when, and possibly why. However, since Neither SCCS or SS3 are likley to be kind enough to tell you wich PT plank cancelled the demand I suggest just visiting Abbey Wood and punching anyone in civvies in the Neighbourhood 3 Cafe when they should be at their desk doing something like what they are paid for I.E. making sure stuff is available when we demand it.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Start my Materiel Accountant course tomorrow. There are 3 RAF, 6 RLC (AAC) & 5 civilian contractors on the course. Sounds like it's going to be a blast! :pDT_Xtremez_41:

Some info from the course to wet your appetites...

SAFI = Stock Available For Issue - don't believe your stock figures on screen as these will include 'earmarks' etc...look for SAFI in at the bottom of the screens for what you can actually issue.

DofQ's are no more - New term UOI or Unit Of Issue....

Sites & Stores are gone... Now to be known as 'Accounts' so Tech *T, ESG *E, Clothing *C etc are 'Accounts'...

EVF's are also gonners....New term SOF or Scale Overide Factor...

Inventories will be called AinU, not AinU as we know it......You decide if they are 'Consuming' or 'Non Consuming'.....

No more 'States' - Simply click the 'Capability Loss' button on the Demand page...You can add D, C, P etc in the remarks box..

P,L & C Stores???? ...Get used to MACC...Material Accounting Classification Codes.....

21 days for R2 returns = U34.....think again!! you now have the power to set your return days from 0 - 99....

Plus oh soooo much more....Enjoy!

"Inventories will be called AinU, not AinU as we know it......You decide if they are 'Consuming' or 'Non Consuming'....."

Statement above correct BUT all ghost inventories are gone (CTA, AVA ect) they will no act like any other AinU i.e hold items on them and create repairable dues in. Dont panic embody and dis embody has been thought of and is real easy.

Note all existing Inventories will migrate to MJDI AinU's as consuming.

No more 'States' - Simply click the 'Capability Loss' button on the Demand page...You can add D, C, P etc in the remarks box"

Statement above will be incorrect by the time AIR units move from R1 to R5.2. the situation then will be Capability Loss Code and it will be 6 different letters each with a exact meaning and no none of the letters are D, P, C, or S so every one has to learn new.

Also note new Discoverer EUL (so your existing workbooks will not be there). but a set of CORE get you in ones will be and yes you can still make your own.

More info below

Electronic clothing cards both permanent and temporary (if AIR decide to use them)

Loans complete change (and much better).

have a look at Jobs if used correctly will save hours of typing.

Stocktaking has changed for the better.

New LVP (Low Value Purchase) package.

If PT do there jobs a much better reverse supply chain.

Advice Get you head around Alerts they are a fact of life and you cant turn them off.