• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NI Travel/GYH

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
I have a member of my staff who's husband is posted to NI. He will be moving over but also taking the children to live in SFA. She will be staying in the UK, living in the block and travelling to NI on weekends to spend time with her family. What allowances can she claim to help with travel?

I've searched through the JSP's and can only find info for people assigned to NI. Asked HR and they have come up with what I have. If this was in the UK she would be about to claim GYH mileage, can this be done for Air Travel?

Thanks for any info provided

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just a suggestion:

Can you try getting 2 return air travel warrants a month in lieu of mileage for GYH(T) expense? Depends on the HUMAN REMAINS department and how helpful they can be but that's what they use certain outer isles (as in not on the mainland). It should be in the allowances JSP. Again the caveat comes down to interpretation.

sulky

SAC
When i was based there in 2013, the warrents were only for pers/family travelling from NI to UK and back

If the wife is in the MOB, could you ask about the possiblity of transferiig the warrents to her?

Familes use to get 3 returns per year, but singlies used to get 12, i dont know what the numbers are now.

i have the email for the travel clerk based at Aldergrove, if you want me to ill pm you it

UlsterExile

Sergeant
I used to get it. It was GYH(T) mileage is done from port of entry either Liverpool or Cairnryan. However her other half will get warrants to travel back to mainland.